Allis Collectibles

hillman

I hope I am not jinxing myself but I have this little snowblower bought online just need to pick it up this evening. I have never seen one like it. I will build a nice strong self in a shed and it will be eye candy while I own it

If anyone has some Allis oddities, please post them here

acsnow.jpg

acsno.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I dont have much but do have 2 or 3, 3 gal pump up weed sprayers with the Allis logo on them that dad got in the 70s. They are plastic. Not really mint but they did still work. Tho in need of some help leakage wise on the wands. Think I had Allis fuel conditioner bottle or something too. Metal can with painted label. Also probably 70s era.

We still have AC water pumps at work. Something around 500hp. The only notion of it being AC is the name plate really.  They aren’t Persian Orange or anything 😊

• Like 1

...good friend of mine had an Allis HD 11...it was an excellent tractor , if one was an American Tool collector.....and one also needed a proliferation of collectable  swear words....and a good few dollars to back all this up....and the real ''kicker''    ....forward work lined up......

...and it always, without fail, quit at the start of the NZ duck shooting season.....otherwise it still wasn't OK...  

...but you , @hillman  would require a shelf to end all shelves...should you pursue   such a contrary beast  as the HD11.......just sayin '

Mike

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...good friend of mine had an Allis HD 11...it was an excellent tractor , if one was an American Tool collector.....and one also needed a proliferation of collectable  swear words....and a good few dollars to back all this up....and the real ''kicker''    ....forward work lined up......

...and it always, without fail, quit at the start of the NZ duck shooting season.....otherwise it still wasn't OK...  

...but you , @hillman  would require a shelf to end all shelves...should you pursue   such a contrary beast  as the HD11.......just sayin '

Mike

Worked on the engine of a couple allis crawlers. A 2 cylinder Detroit in a hd3 I think it was and worked some on a big big 21 or something like that it needed a crankshaft a big old son of a gun.

• Like 1

Your snowblower is a beauty!! I like that style of AC logo best

I've been around a few Allis Chalmers branded lawn/garden tractors that have stood out. 

Newest of them being the 2009 AC 130, a Simplicity painted and decaled AC. 

I remember a weathered B12  doing well at a garden tractor pull, the driver was a young lad 11-13 I'd guess, he got better with every pass, and was clearly having a great time, the only one to beat him that day was a heavier older guy with a diesel JD 430

A friend of mine had a B110 that he powered with a 1.6L 4cyl engine from a 1989 Toyota Corolla

Growing up around the shop there were a few handfuls of AC tractors and lawn tractors Dad worked on. D12/14/15, 6070/6080 kind of tractors were the most common back then.  There has been the odd WD45, 190XT, 175, G repowered with a modern v twin, and a few of the 6140 compacts over the years.  

There is an AC808GT lawn tractor here, it's one that was serviced by us for years, the transaxle piled up 15-20 years ago and we took over ownership then. It's a cheaper built machine, stamped frame, belt drive 3 speed transaxle.  Has the look of a bigger Allis and some heritage so I have a notion to do something with it someday.  My intention would be to swap in a belt drive hydrostat transmission from a generic newer mower, maybe the newer engine too

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt I will be deserting my red collecting anytime soon but a little Corporate orange is OK. ...perisan not so much🥴

I have a 712 all covered up or I would take a pic., Maybe a 916 could be in my future. that line was as good as the JD or Cub Cadet tractors of the same time period.

I have traded for and ran a lot of different colors of tractors over the tears but never had an AC. I did bale some hay with a 7040 years ago,my only AC experience, that i can remember. I really like the looks of the old D-21's especially the chrome grilled ones,i think a D-21 would look good next too the 1206.

• Like 1

the allis gathering was going on in Iowa i thought i have seen lately. I love it when you guys post some of the other stuff on here opens us up to lots of stuff never knew was around. I didnt mind the little bit i worked on allis stuff. Overhauled a 7080 and worked on torque limiter and bearings on a couple 7020 powershift

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

the allis gathering was going on in Iowa i thought i have seen lately. I love it when you guys post some of the other stuff on here opens us up to lots of stuff never knew was around. I didnt mind the little bit i worked on allis stuff. Overhauled a 7080 and worked on torque limiter and bearings on a couple 7020 powershift

you and I are much more alike than you think> I dislike JD arrogance and ignorance more than the machines and I dislike the place in history J I Case has gained, Other than that they all are pretty cool and they ALL breakdown, I would like one of each just like you but probably from a  different era. 1206, d21, Oliver ,MM,JD in one model or another

I posted a pic of 2 AC oldies Persian orange and what I think is Corporate orange which one do most guys prefer? Also a pic of a 7050 and 7030, does that not scream of the good ole days?

b86dd9504a9ba162efafe3093d64d497.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

acm.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hillman said:

you and I are much more alike than you think> I dislike JD arrogance and ignorance more than the machines and I dislike the place in history J I Case has gained, Other than that they all are pretty cool and they ALL breakdown, I would like one of each just like you but probably from a  different era. 1206, d21, Oliver ,MM,JD in one model or another

I posted a pic of 2 AC oldies Persian orange and what I think is Corporate orange which one do most guys prefer? Also a pic of a 7050 and 7030, does that not scream of the good ole days?

b86dd9504a9ba162efafe3093d64d497.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

acm.jpg

like i learned today. i never knew the older allis came in different colors. the persian and corporate orange. we owned a wd 45 for a bit never used it. Neighbor gave it to us for painting a bunch of old letter tractors. Dad sold it for a 1000  and bought a 560 for 1800  with our money. Still have the 560. I am lucky to have been around the case ,jd ih and allis plus ford from the late 60s.

The guy I carpooled with till he retired is an ac guy. Wd45 gas and diesel as well as a 190 xt are still on his place. He rebuilt the engine in the 190, 15 or 20 years ago. Around that time repainted the 45 diesel as it was when they bought it. It's not correct but how he wanted it. Didn't find a pic of the gasser. 

Oh my all crop 66. Have a parts combine out back as well. Not sure why I keep it but the good one is in the shed.

20170730_193809.jpg

20170730_193952.jpg

20170730_193858.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

1225181417.jpg

• Like 7

There were 2 orange colors and I am not going to guess when they went to corporate orange, The WF I posted is actually the later color but to me it looks much better ( its not the correct color)

. Alot like 2150 and Oliver Meadow Green, they may not be the right color for the loder modles but I prefer them

This is a B-1 my grandfather restored, and a wagon I bought for him to go with it. He has the mower and snowblower for it but needless to say those don't get used. He worked as an engineer at AC when this was released and traveled the country teaching service men how to service them. He specifically said he tore down and rebuilt the transmission more times than he could remember.

KIMG0360.JPG

KIMG0361.JPG

• Like 6