TD 15C high-low powershift

I recently acquired a TD 15C power shift and according to my owners manual it should have a separate shifter for a high low range in the power shift transmission. I have no such shift lever. Was that supposed to be in all power shift transmissions ?

The separate shifter is a big lever on the right side. Low is back, high is forward. As far as I know, all with power shift had these.

DWF

• Like 1

Should be a slot in the floorboard to the right of the seat. Take the floorboard up and have a look.    

I pulled the floorboard again and what I thought was some sort of filler cap is a pop bottle over the shifter tower !!! Not sure I really want to know why the shifter was removed or what I might need to put a shifter back in. Also found the three hydraulic couplers and have no idea of there use. Test port ?

IMG_0303 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

I never saw one with that shifter missing, guess I can't say that anymore.

I had two of them and that never gave me any trouble. I replaced the 15C with the blade that is on the 15C on my avatar with another newer and less wore out 15C. The picture on the avatar is the newer 15C with the older blade which I liked better because of the added bars on top of the blade for protection when pushing brush stumps etc. The same picture is on my Heavy Equip Forums avatar.  Much to my surprise a guy from the state of Va who is also on Heavy Eqiuip Forums messaged me asking if I had owned the 15C with that unique blade, I said I did, and much to my surprise, he said he owns it now. In 2016 I  was still in NE Minnesota and traded the 15C for a 624G JD loader to a Wi used equip dealer. He sold the 15C to an Ohio farmer and a few years later sold it to the guy in Va who runs a land clearing business and still uses it. The unique blade is the reason why I found out what happened to it,

DWF

The quick couplers are for checking system pressures.  Main press., Converter out pressure and lub pressure.  Center one for converter.  Can't remember which is which on the other two.  Why the two speed lever is missing in action is a mystery.

I just got the dozer home a few days ago and have not run it much yet as I wanted to service it before I used it. When my manuals arrived I was suprised to find out it was supposed to have high and low range, since I was not that familiar with the TD15. I have a TD9B with power shift and Hi Low, but it only has forward and reverse. The engine runs great and the transmission seems to work fine in the bit I have used it. I have no idea if it is high or low range, but I think it is probably in low range. Perhaps some previous owner did not want employees running the machine in high range to prevent overheating. I bought it from a not too distant farmer's family. He had recently died in his first ultra-lite attempt and the family members were not much into dozers. I will probably see if I can find the gear shift parts and hope there was not a bad reason they were removed.

4 hours ago, wild one said:

I have no idea if it is high or low range, but I think it is probably in low range.

Go to https://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/3/3/330-international-harvester-td-15c.html

Then check the speed table that comes up when you click on "transmission details" and get your stop watch ready.

I had never met the previous owner or his family until I looked at the dozer. His son said that his father had died in an accident a few months ago.  Later I asked if it were a car accident and he said no, a plane accident. He then went on to say his father, in his mid seventies always wanted to fly a ultra-lite plane. He had taken some lessons, but crashed on his first try and later died from his injuries. I guess you could say he died trying to fulfill one of his dreams.

• Like 2

This is what the hi/lo shifter lever looks like.

TD152020aa.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like shifter is missing.  Right below the hose clamp on the right side.  Forward is Low and Rearward is High.