anybody looking for a 1026?

pt756

Seen it on Tractorhouse. She's a looker!!

Mike

Gold 1026.jpg

• Like 2

Is it me, is it an illusion? Those rear tires look too big on that thing? The front wheels are only on 6 bolt hubs. No wedge locks on the rear wheels?

1 hour ago, Rick G. said:

Is it me, is it an illusion? Those rear tires look too big on that thing? The front wheels are only on 6 bolt hubs. No wedge locks on the rear wheels?

18.4x34 extra fats! My favorite!!

Mike

img.jpg

Does anyone know the serial number range, or have it handy to post, that we know could possibly be a true gold demo?  
I have a friend that has a 1026 (not an IH fan, just bought it to pull his tomato harvester) and I always wondered if his could be a gold. His is a ‘70 model.  

Records weren't officially kept as far as I know. What's the serial number? Black instrument cluster / steering post casting? High 8xxx to 91-92xx is the best guess. Likely 300 tractors total. Harvester realized a negative net return to sales on the 1026 model tractor with 2415 Farmalls and 59 Standards built.

10 hours ago, Rick G. said:

I think they look too big to,my 1026 has more clearence tween rubber and fenders 

19 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Rick my 1026 came with 7.50 x 16  6 bolt fronts and 16.9 x 38 rear with clamp style rears. It's going to have 11 x 16  and 18.4 x 38s when I'm finished

17 hours ago, Drysleeves said:

Records weren't officially kept as far as I know. What's the serial number? Black instrument cluster / steering post casting? High 8xxx to 91-92xx is the best guess. Likely 300 tractors total. Harvester realized a negative net return to sales on the 1026 model tractor with 2415 Farmalls and 59 Standards built.

His serial number is 7874. So, I’m guessing by your previous post, it cannot be a demonstrator. 

18 hours ago, Drysleeves said:

Most of the legit, verified 826 hydro gold Demonstrator tractors were built in the 10-12k serial number range.  But, that includes production of gear drives too. So, the amount of each painted gold is likely fairly even.  I like to study production numbers. 

The first Gold Demonstrator was actually created at the Photographic Center when Fred Woltering painted a 1456 in the Cadillac Gold livery IH used for their 1970 sales promotion. That very tractor as painted was used for promotional literature during the program and has appeared in books, which is where Fred saw it and immediately told me he painted the tractor.