Jump to content

Half Century of Progress Show? Who’s going?


Sledgehammer

Recommended Posts

Just now, atuck said:

I'll be there from Wednesday till Sunday.  Bringing the 766 and 234 picker sheller and might bring the 560 and 2MHD. 

Did you have that setup at the 2021 show?  

1F784A4E-1FDD-4D68-AD84-A782978DEFBE.jpeg

496D74C4-452F-4849-A44D-ED0CE7EF6746.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going. I want to take an H with no.24. I don't have room on the trailer for the picker, side by side and wagon. Do they have wagons on site to use or would anybody be willing to let me borrow one to do a few passes? This will be my first time and I've heard a golf cart or side by side is mandatory?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FarmallBob said:

I am going. I want to take an H with no.24. I don't have room on the trailer for the picker, side by side and wagon. Do they have wagons on site to use or would anybody be willing to let me borrow one to do a few passes? This will be my first time and I've heard a golf cart or side by side is mandatory?

You will want a way to get around the grounds. It is very expansive and we made the mistake ONCE of not having transportation. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be around for the whole thing starting on Tuesday that week.  Be sure to drive around the special display of IH tractors on the east west runway to celebrate the 100th year of the brand name Farmall!  Have had a good response and while I can't say that all 98 spots are going to be filled there is going to be a very high percentage. It will be interesting.  Rollie

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

Had Intended to bring a load but,,,,,,,youngest son and new daughter in law are getting married that weekend.

I guess we will let it slide this time 😊 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

Had Intended to bring a load but,,,,,,,youngest son and new daughter in law are getting married that weekend.

As father of the groom,  you would think you may have some influence over the date of the blessed event. I mean you can get hitched any ol' day by HCOP only comes round every other year. LOL. Just yanking your chain. 

We have been talking about camping for the weekend there. It's been several years ago since we have been. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll be coming with Jean (wife ),taking Farmall C and C221 mounted corn planter ! Staying in champagne.  
Stop by and say hello  ! 
Can’t miss this to many good memories from redpower !

 


 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2023 at 1:08 AM, 12_Guy said:

As father of the groom,  you would think you may have some influence over the date of the blessed event. I mean you can get hitched any ol' day by HCOP only comes round every other year. LOL. Just yanking your chain. 

We have been talking about camping for the weekend there. It's been several years ago since we have been. 

Well it seems it was the new daughter in law call. Her grandmother turns 100 this year . She is close to grandma and age is gaining speed. Enjoy the camping

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll be there with my newly acquired D21 and a buddy's D21 also, as we are also celebrating the 60th anniversary of it's release this year. We are striving to get 250 there. I also plan to have my 210 and 7040 there, may hook them to a sled thursday lol! Also a busy week, as I have a local pull in Princeton Friday evening. So I'll be going back and forth lol! I know they're orange, but they are all classic tractors. I don't currently own any IH. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Injpumped said:

I'll be there with my newly acquired D21 and a buddy's D21 also, as we are also celebrating the 60th anniversary of it's release this year. We are striving to get 250 there. I also plan to have my 210 and 7040 there, may hook them to a sled thursday lol! Also a busy week, as I have a local pull in Princeton Friday evening. So I'll be going back and forth lol! I know they're orange, but they are all classic tractors. I don't currently own any IH. 

What’s your D21 look like in case someone wants to say hello?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

she's a fresh off the retired farm survivor, not pretty, but pretty original, for now. I got it a week and a half ago lol! It has yellow double bevel rear rims, on 20.8X38 firestones, and 11.00X16 four rib fronts. I may slap one of my stickers on it just for ID purposes lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Injpumped said:

20230419_143550.jpg

VideoCapture_20220729-213511_138967407082507.jpg

That gives a little different meaning to the term “a smokin Allis” 😁. There was a good AC dealership in town so there are a few orange machines lurking around. I always admired the looks of a D21.  I know of a couple locally. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am going down Wednesday and staying the duration.  Taking a 1466 and a 710 plow.  Been to the show many times but I wanted to go do a little plowing so this is the year.  Of course we are currently painting the tractor!  No rush!  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, billonthefarm said:

I am going down Wednesday and staying the duration.  Taking a 1466 and a 710 plow.  Been to the show many times but I wanted to go do a little plowing so this is the year.  Of course we are currently painting the tractor!  No rush!  

Take your time . Paint dries perfectly well on a trailer at 65 mph.         well........don't ask...........

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

Take your time . Paint dries perfectly well on a trailer at 65 mph.         well........don't ask...........

  I had the thought that we should paint two at the same time.  Then I decided my do them back to back.  So we are wrapping up the first one in good shape and will get the second one knocked out but the paint might be sticky on Wednesday!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...