I know a dairy JUST like the one this article speaks of

MTO

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Valuable information but I expect it to fall on 99 percent blind eyes.  Why just lawyers and farmers?  Why not anybody in a position of power over others where they need a paycheck to pay a mortgage?  I wish I had a dollar for every a-hole I ever had to deal with.  I hate to say it but by the time a person hits middle age they are pretty well set in their ways.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 766 Man said:

I hate to say it but by the time a person hits middle age they are pretty well set in their ways.  

That’s just the nature of everything. You stick with what works for you. Evolving with modern technologies is hard, changing your mindset is hard and changing YOU is hardest of all. Those who can change have to first start by willing to change. That comes from a strong support group and from becoming aware of your own actions. As easy as falling into bad habits, and developing yourself around that, it’s much harder to reinvent yourself and change what you’ve learned and become. Alcoholic, drug addiction, narcissistic behavior, didn’t develop overnight, it’s those bad habits and behaviors that got you there. And some people refuse to recognize that because it’s admitting failure. Failures build success if you are capable of learning from it. It takes a strong person who can learn and change.

Throwing people away and out of your life might make you feel better, but it’s not helping them. Aren’t we supposed to help one another in life’s journey?

• Like 1

Idk I have noticed in my life that it seems like if you want to run a successful anything you have to be a narcissist 

10 hours ago, Bgriffin856 said:

Idk I have noticed in my life that it seems like if you want to run a successful anything you have to be a narcissist 

There is a difference between having confidence and being obnoxious when discussing narcissism.  Many cross the line into being abusive.  As implied in the article the power to tell people off and order around generally is corrosive.  It serves to drive the children off and make the marriage fail.  If I had to guess quite a number of farms went out of business because the owner made life intolerable for the wife, kids, and hired help.  I also suspect some of the farm girls I knew in high school made the decision to never go back to the farm because of a very poor family situation.  One girl I never had to guess as I only had to couple her statement of leaving home with her dad's known public behavior to know that life there was miserable.  

• Sad 1