so whats your take on it

searcyfarms

11 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I think the exact opposite is true. Criminals in general are not afraid of being the victims of street justice because it is so rare. The victims know that the authorities will show up for sure if they handle it themselves. Just like in my example above in Skidmore, Mo. They never did anything to stop the guy, but when he was shot and killed by at least two people who couldn’t take it anymore it was turned into a federal investigation to find out who did it. It’s all backwards. 

Depends on the location for street justice. In many of the urban areas there are multiple murders daily and many more shot by those who are defending their turf or righting their perceived wrongs. 
The mob rule isn’t so great if the mob turns against you. If the authorities aren’t able or are unwilling to lock up the bad guys I can see where there are limited options for the regular citizens. Should the Skidmore killers be held accountable for murder? Even if the murder seemed to be justifiable? There has to be more to the story about how he was able to avoid being found guilty of what seemed to be multiple felonies each year according to some of what I read about the story. 

On 7/24/2023 at 9:02 PM, MTB98 said:

Most people in a city or urban area have pride in their hometown too. A very small percentage of a million plus people can make quite the riot. That same percentage in a small town is 2 or 3 people, hardly an out of control riot.

so you are saying its just larger numbers in population ? I don't agree . A kid growing up in a small town is less likely to get in trouble. They are raised in a different environment and often are held accountable by their family and the community

It takes a village to raise a child.... not a city

59 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

Depends on the location for street justice. In many of the urban areas there are multiple murders daily and many more shot by those who are defending their turf or righting their perceived wrongs. 
The mob rule isn’t so great if the mob turns against you. If the authorities aren’t able or are unwilling to lock up the bad guys I can see where there are limited options for the regular citizens. Should the Skidmore killers be held accountable for murder? Even if the murder seemed to be justifiable? There has to be more to the story about how he was able to avoid being found guilty of what seemed to be multiple felonies each year according to some of what I read about the story. 

When two drug dealers shoot each other over a turf war is not the same as when someone shows up to burn down your business. The problem is that they are treated the same, as in no one is going to be punished. The song says that in some areas they don’t put up with that “insert expletive here”. They didn’t put up with it in Skidmore. It’s not a capital offense to kick in my daughters window when you’re high and drunk in the middle of the night, but that doesn’t mean it won’t cost you your life here. 

10 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

When two drug dealers shoot each other over a turf war is not the same as when someone shows up to burn down your business. The problem is that they are treated the same, as in no one is going to be punished. The song says that in some areas that don’t put up with that “insert expletive here”. They didn’t put up with it in Skidmore. It’s not a capital offense to kick in my daughters window when you’re high and drunk in the middle of the night, but that doesn’t mean it won’t cost you your life here. 

Depending on your state’s laws you may be able to use deadly force if you are in life threatening danger. Other states give you more leeway to protect your property. Yet other places you aren’t allowed to do much of anything to protect yourself. 
I haven’t seen the answer to the question about how the guy from Skidmore was able to avoid prosecution for such a long time. That was a different circumstance than him kicking in someone’s window in the middle of the night. 

4 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

Depending on your state’s laws you may be able to use deadly force if you are in life threatening danger. Other states give you more leeway to protect your property. Yet other places you aren’t allowed to do much of anything to protect yourself. 
I haven’t seen the answer to the question about how the guy from Skidmore was able to avoid prosecution for such a long time. That was a different circumstance than him kicking in someone’s window in the middle of the night. 

He used his criminal enterprise to fund a high powered attorney to outwit a small time backwoods prosecutor. As well as threatening to kill witnesses. 

10 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

He used his criminal enterprise to fund a high powered attorney to outwit a small time backwoods prosecutor. As well as threatening to kill witnesses. 

I’d didn’t see a list of the crimes he was charged with committing but it sounds like the list was quite long. I’ll need to read one or two of the books mentioned about that. Seems like a wild story for happening in the recent past. 

5 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

I’d didn’t see a list of the crimes he was charged with committing but it sounds like the list was quite long. I’ll need to read one or two of the books mentioned about that. Seems like a wild story for happening in the recent past. 

In Broad Daylight is a good read. 

I was thinking more of the Koreans on the rooftop during the Rodney King riots. No one got shot but none of the rioters had the nerve to f#*" with the Koreans either!  The criminal mob will only respect strength.  Small communities need to stand together against it, but you're more likely to see this kind of mutual support in a small town than in a city.

That McElroy guy needed to be shot from afar like a rabbit Fox or skunk!  Good riddance!