so whats your take on it

searcyfarms

"How bout those homosexuals". David Allen sang about prison probably offended a few too! LOL

All I have to say that Jason Aldean song is the truth hurts! People in the country care about their community and aren't going to put up with that crap.  It is not about race, it is about rioting and destruction and standing up for yourself and your rights.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

"How bout those homosexuals". David Allen sang about prison probably offended a few too! LOL

All I have to say that Jason Aldean song is the truth hurts! People in the country care about their community and aren't going to put up with that crap.  It is not about race, it is about rioting and destruction and standing up for yourself and your rights.

Most people in a city or urban area have pride in their hometown too. A very small percentage of a million plus people can make quite the riot. That same percentage in a small town is 2 or 3 people, hardly an out of control riot. If the city leadership refuses to prosecute them for vatmrious reasons then that type of thing continues to occur. In the nearby big city of Indianapolis there were probably more police officers arrested and charged with crimes during the 2020 summer protests than actual protestors who were tearing up the city. 
Even in a small city like Kenosha, a young man who was defending himself had a difficult time proving his innocence on charges brought against him. 

A riot in a small town is not going to come from the residents in the town ... rioters would have to be bussed in to make trouble. There have been Soros funded rent-a-mobs ferried about for the last 15 years. It would be suicidal to descend on a DJT hotbed where there is a gun behind every blade of grass. Set the feed store on fire? Bam. You’re done. Try that in Wellington Ohio.

• Thanks 1

the song itself is that Eagles crossed with KISS thing country music has turned into- which, if you like it, fine. Not my bottle of beer.  A guy who has never lived in a small town bought it from a bunch of guys most of whom probably never lived in a small town, recorded it and put out a video designed to wind *everybody* up and it worked

There was a riot in my small college town in 2017. They are still hunting down any of the right leaning individuals that participated. The left leaners were either not arrested or turned loose shortly thereafter. It was supposed to be a protest about removing Lee and Jacksons statues from the courthouse lawn. In my opinion, it was the prototype of events that have happened since, designed to make right leaning people think twice about protesting. People from out of town showed up in helmets and body armor with improvised flame throwers, feces and urine in cans and bags, baseball bats, etc. There were many guns as well, but none were used for harm, as were the other things. The one guy that did fire his pistol was trying to stop someone with a flame thrower from harming an innocent person . A lot of people are in prison over this.  There were and still are huge political repercussions which I won't go into.   I will dare to say that most of the people locked up would have loved this song before.......maybe not so much now.   

• Like 1

There have been some really bad people in small towns around here. The law never did anything to stop them. If anyone wants a great story about what happens when the law totally fails, they should read about what the locals did to Ken McElroy in Skidmore, Mo in 1981. It’s a legend, but nobody ever talks about it. It is still officially unsolved. 

• Like 2

Haven't heard it but my take is those upset were probably also upset by syrup and rice amongst other things but will tell you it's just beer. 🤷‍♂️

How come this thread hasn't been poofed?

8 hours ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

There have been some really bad people in small towns around here. The law never did anything to stop them. If anyone wants a great story about what happens when the law totally fails, they should read about what the locals did to Ken McElroy in Skidmore, Mo in 1981. It’s a legend, but nobody ever talks about it. It is still officially unsolved. 

i grew up when this was going on up there and when it happened, not sure how accurate the movie is but there would be much less bullying these days if things were handled with a chastening like the lord spanks his own. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dads706 said:

How come this thread hasn't been poofed?

are you saying it should be ? you got a rub with it ? what happened to the days when we could all speak our mind and agree to disagree to things and still be good to one another, neighborly, and help one another out regardless, I have some of those neighbors and I treat them as such. They probably think im a no good bible thumper or something worse. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, searcyfarms said:

i grew up when this was going on up there and when it happened, not sure how accurate the movie is but there would be much less bullying these days if things were handled with a chastening like the lord spanks his own. 

My uncles brother is married to someone from Skidmore. Her parents still live there. They won’t even talk about it. Everyone I have ever talked to about it says it was much worse than it was described in any media. I remember seeing the two guys who were accused of shooting him auctioneer at the stockyards and thinking it must have been pretty bad if it drove those guys to kill him. The one brother was named by the guys wife, the other was just a rumor. The one who was named is dead now. All I will say is those who live by the sword, die by the sword. I sure never heard anyone with personal knowledge defend McElroy. 

11 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

My uncles brother is married to someone from Skidmore. Her parents still live there. They won’t even talk about it. Everyone I have ever talked to about it says it was much worse than it was described in any media. I remember seeing the two guys who were accused of shooting him auctioneer at the stockyards and thinking it must have been pretty bad if it drove those guys to kill him. The one brother was named by the guys wife, the other was just a rumor. The one who was named is dead now. All I will say is those who live by the sword, die by the sword. I sure never heard anyone with personal knowledge defend McElroy. 

yes evidently he must have had a good bluff on folks or would have followed thru so someone else did before he did........sad stuff has to go this way - for an entire community to remain silent is quite a fear factor nothing he received here will even scratch the surface of what eternity holds 

• Like 1

I watched 4 Youtube videos on this topic, Uncle Ted was predictable, 2 visible minorities guys had no issue with it and  Pat Boone😮 I did not know he is still alive If you want a shocker go to Youtube and search "Musician Pat Boone reacts to the Woke Mob attempting to cancel Jason Aldean"

I had never heard of this performer, before this controversy. Heard parts of the song on talk radio programs, so am radio. Might actually sound decent on a stereo sound system, but from am radio it kinda sucks. Not a country fan, so I doubt I will ever hear it the way it should.

Here's a a related article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmcgowan/2023/07/26/cmts-jason-aldean-decision-aligns-with-paramounts-esg-goals/amp/

And training so you can write politically correct.

https://training.npr.org/2021/12/01/journalism-guide-terms-disability-ethnicity-gender-race/

So I guess I'm a person of hillbilly heritage. Or Ozarkian American?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, acem said:

Here's a a related article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonmcgowan/2023/07/26/cmts-jason-aldean-decision-aligns-with-paramounts-esg-goals/amp/

And training so you can write politically correct.

https://training.npr.org/2021/12/01/journalism-guide-terms-disability-ethnicity-gender-race/

So I guess I'm a person of hillbilly heritage. Or Ozarkian American?

Even if you are of hillbilly heritage Ace, we won’t think any less of you!

Might be money jealousy thing among the elite... he’s making a heap of money on this song... Creed Fischer’s song “If you have a right to burn my flag I have a right to kick your a$$” openly advocates violence yet everyone is silent on it. Not worth that much money. Apparently if you want to make money , you have to have BLM in your vids.

48 minutes ago, Binderoid said:

Might be money jealousy thing among the elite... he’s making a heap of money on this song... Creed Fischer’s song “If you have a right to burn my flag I have a right to kick your a$$” openly advocates violence yet everyone is silent on it. Not worth that much money. Apparently if you want to make money , you have to have BLM in your vids.

Or "wait in the truck" by Lainey Wilson.  I understand the sentiment, but it does seem to advocate vigilante style cold blooded murder.

Vigilante justice, mob rule, street justice- whatever you want to call it, doesn’t have a place in civilized society. Many of the problems in urban areas are acts of street justice. Multiple witnesses to shootings and murders yet no one sees anything. The odds of literally getting away with murder in the large US cities is in favor of the murderer. I don’t think Aldean’s song has to do with that? Maybe it does?  Do you think that is what is being advocated in the song or is it simply stating that small town values are different and the type of behavior depicted in his video isn’t tolerated by local law enforcement and DAs? 

Interesting to think too that many in the music industry aren’t conservative small town Americans. But, like stated above, they’re making piles of money from a song and video that was brought to everyone’s attention by CMT deciding to stop playing the video. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

I don’t think Aldean’s song has to do with that? Maybe it does?  Do you think that is what is being advocated in the song

Yes

or is it simply stating that small town values are different and the type of behavior depicted in his video isn’t tolerated by local law enforcement and DAs? 

No

Interestingly, I would have never know about Aldeans song if it hadn't been for this thread. The 2 "country" radio stations here have never played it the first time. Could be the liberal college town thing, or could be because of what happened here in 2017

with any art its what your interpretation is of the art. I wonder what is lost between the writer's inspiration in the writing of the song to the artist and finally to the record company and the video producer

when I heard it I thought of the incident at Connect Equipment where ordinary good old folks were not going to be robbed.

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/this-isn-t-going-to-happen-today-staff-at-kitchener-business-recall-how-they-thwarted-attempted-robbery-1.6422896

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MTB98 said:

Vigilante justice, mob rule, street justice- whatever you want to call it, doesn’t have a place in civilized society. Many of the problems in urban areas are acts of street justice. Multiple witnesses to shootings and murders yet no one sees anything. The odds of literally getting away with murder in the large US cities is in favor of the murderer. I don’t think Aldean’s song has to do with that? Maybe it does?  Do you think that is what is being advocated in the song or is it simply stating that small town values are different and the type of behavior depicted in his video isn’t tolerated by local law enforcement and DAs? 

Interesting to think too that many in the music industry aren’t conservative small town Americans. But, like stated above, they’re making piles of money from a song and video that was brought to everyone’s attention by CMT deciding to stop playing the video. 

I think the exact opposite is true. Criminals in general are not afraid of being the victims of street justice because it is so rare. The victims know that the authorities will show up for sure if they handle it themselves. Just like in my example above in Skidmore, Mo. They never did anything to stop the guy, but when he was shot and killed by at least two people who couldn’t take it anymore it was turned into a federal investigation to find out who did it. It’s all backwards. 

• Like 2