Jump to content

so whats your take on it


searcyfarms

Recommended Posts

Good lord!  What about Charlie Daniel's and Hank JR.?  So if those songs were released today they would be controversial?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

The left boycots one of our songs and it goes to #1 the right boycots budlight they loose 30 billion

Yup!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Don’t fool yourselves, he made the song for money pure and simple. 

I don’t think anyone has questioned that. Is there something wrong with that? That’s the reason the majority of people do their job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, hillman said:

it offends those who live in big towns. maybe the truth hurts

For quite a long time now, the major rift in our country has been between rural and urban.  Generally speaking, rural people want to be left alone to mind their own affairs, while urban people are more inclined to follow orders, or give orders to others.  There are plenty of exceptions, but I certainly detect a trend here.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ive been boycotting country music since i gained control of the radio dial.   Not because of the messaging, I just dont care for how it sounds.   Hadnt heard this song,  looked up the lyrics,  looks pretty timid to me compared to alot of other music/art alternatives?  Dont understand the fuss about it?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

For quite a long time now, the major rift in our country has been between rural and urban.  Generally speaking, rural people want to be left alone to mind their own affairs, while urban people are more inclined to follow orders, or give orders to others.  There are plenty of exceptions, but I certainly detect a trend here.

its the same here 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cjf711 said:

Ive been boycotting country music since i gained control of the radio dial.   Not because of the messaging, I just dont care for how it sounds.   Hadnt heard this song,  looked up the lyrics,  looks pretty timid to me compared to alot of other music/art alternatives?  Dont understand the fuss about it?

 

Lotts of rap music makes this look tame. 

But the snowflakes think it's not woke.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Steve C. said:

For quite a long time now, the major rift in our country has been between rural and urban.  Generally speaking, rural people want to be left alone to mind their own affairs, while urban people are more inclined to follow orders, or give orders to others.  There are plenty of exceptions, but I certainly detect a trend here.

The urban dwellers depicted in the Aldean’s music video seemed to be the exceptions of the “follow orders” type people. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There has been an urban/rural divide in this country since before it was a country.

The Senate and electoral college was an attempt to appease rural states that though urban states would control everything if the government was based solely on popular vote.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MTB98 said:

The urban dwellers depicted in the Aldean’s music video seemed to be the exceptions of the “follow orders” type people. 

and I doubt  they are the ones offended by it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve always thought he understands rural America life. I don’t know how to put it on here but his song “Fly over States” proves that. This whole controversy that people are complaining about is stupid. I wish they could put all their complaining to good use

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tractorholic said:

I’ve always thought he understands rural America life. I don’t know how to put it on here but his song “Fly over States” proves that. This whole controversy that people are complaining about is stupid. I wish they could put all their complaining to good use

They should put a miniature windmill in the View studio... all that hot air, the thing would never stop

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tractorholic said:

I’ve always thought he understands rural America life. I don’t know how to put it on here but his song “Fly over States” proves that. This whole controversy that people are complaining about is stupid. I wish they could put all their complaining to good use

here you go

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, tractorholic said:

I’ve always thought he understands rural America life. I don’t know how to put it on here but his song “Fly over States” proves that. This whole controversy that people are complaining about is stupid. I wish they could put all their complaining to good use

He didn’t write that , nor did he write try that in a small town, he chose to buy them, so there’s that.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Binderoid said:

They should put a miniature windmill in the View studio... all that hot air, the thing would never stop

They couldn’t find bearings that would stand up to the heat and speed needed, never mind the corrosive environment it would endure…manure pumps would have a better chance of lasting

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, arizonian said:

Found this elsewhere...

FB_IMG_1689907775802.jpg

Poor Suzy was so lonely due to her shallow..... pond....

Mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Poor Suzy was so lonely due to her shallow..... pond....

Mike

Read the lyrics of “If That Ain’t Country (You Can Kiss My A$$)”……..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...