Jump to content

Over Easy?


vtfireman85

Recommended Posts

I eat breakfast for dinner at least a couple times a week.

Usually fried in bacon grease, as long as the white is done I'm fine, over medium is usually what I go for.

Scrambled but no fish eyes.

hard boiled for lunch box.

deviled is fine once in a while but I don't make them

prefer pan scrambled with goodies vs omelet but I ain't picky

don't forget biscuits and sausage gravy, mmmmmmm

eggs are great food and fast to prepare and inexpensive, can't go wrong

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, acem said:

Used to be a hangover cure.

That’s like smashing your thumb to cure your headache, eating a raw egg is bound to make your stomach feel worse than any hangover, at least guaranteed to make you puke, which in turn will help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Around here we primarily eat duck eggs, because we have them, a duck egg is richer than a chicken egg, bigger and more yolk ratio. Honestly I probably like chicken eggs better, but I don’t really want chickens. Duck eggs are the shiz for baking, I have been on a kick lately, 2 eggs and toast or an English muffin. Mu favorite way to eat an egg is poached medium on top of corned beef hash with hollandaise. Traditional eggs Benedict would be fine, except I don’t like ham. I saw some a little while back that looked great, turns out they didn’t cook the English Muffin, so it was a bust, what a disappointment! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

Around here we primarily eat duck eggs, because we have them, a duck egg is richer than a chicken egg, bigger and more yolk ratio. Honestly I probably like chicken eggs better, but I don’t really want chickens. Duck eggs are the shiz for baking, I have been on a kick lately, 2 eggs and toast or an English muffin. Mu favorite way to eat an egg is poached medium on top of corned beef hash with hollandaise. Traditional eggs Benedict would be fine, except I don’t like ham. I saw some a little while back that looked great, turns out they didn’t cook the English Muffin, so it was a bust, what a disappointment! 

...certainly a  fascinating   subject, Seth..the noble art of consuming something that has emerged  from an, in this case,   an avian rectal orifice.......:rolleyes:

..my only advice I can offer to you ..is not to keep all your eggs in one basket.....:rolleyes:   (again...)

Mike

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sledgehammer told me about a new egg recipe, apparently they do it at work,  called “Walkeaytoo dorty” i am going to try it tomorrow. For today just over easy will do. 

IMG_0141.jpeg
cook the bottom, flip them over and shut the gas off. Butter my toast and then they are good to go. 
I like Spike on mine😁

IMG_0142.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

@Sledgehammer told me about a new egg recipe, apparently they do it at work,  called “Walkeaytoo dorty” i am going yo try it tomorrow. For today just over easy will do. 

 

What?  It’s getting harder and harder to text and drive these days. 😊
You asked if I cook them on the sidewalk at work because some areas are super hot. I was trying to say “walkway is too dirty” and apparently autocorrect turned it into gibberish. Sometimes autocorrect makes me seem we-todd-did…..

Air temp was over 180° where I was last night for a short time. No sidewalks but I’ll bet it would cook an egg. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

Sometimes autocorrect makes me seem we-todd-did…..

All hail the Sofa King! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

What?  It’s getting harder and harder to text and drive these days. 😊
You asked if I cook them on the sidewalk at work because some areas are super hot. I was trying to say “walkway is too dirty” and apparently autocorrect turned it into gibberish. Sometimes autocorrect makes me seem we-todd-did…..

Air temp was over 180° where I was last night for a short time. No sidewalks but I’ll bet it would cook an egg. 

For some reason all I could think of was this. 

IMG_0146.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eggs any style except over cooked hard and dry and always fresh from the coop. 

I remember a story that my grandfather told when in France during WW1 he ate many eggs and most of them raw. Apparently, he was obviously used to raw eggs because I remember that before heading out in the morning, he would grab an egg and tilt his head back and crack the shell and swallow. Breakfast on the go and nothing to clean up...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scrambled with cheese and onion.  Topped with salsa if available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, acem said:

My sister in law makes her husband 'widow maker sandwiches. 

Bacon, fried eggs and cheese on a bun

He loves them. She laughes about it.

MCDONALD'S has made a small fortune selling those, only on an English muffin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McDonald's are nothing like hers.

Lots of good thick bacon, three fried eggs, three slices of cheese, other condiments, etc on a hoghie bun.

You need three napkins with her's.

You don't need a napkin at McDonald's and I'd still be hungry after eating one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

on the pickled eggs thing... i love the things.  specially the quail ones.  good on salad. 

here  in bama, there's a guy that makes them... "Dude's" pickled eggs.  bought some quail and regular sized ones the other day at the beer store.  really good.  only thing other than the vinager solution added is crushed red pepper.  had some last night with saltines.  

can't find his site, but this is a pic of the jar label (below).  have a neighbor that ran a dairy dip walk up burger and ice cream joint for a few years.  he closed it and had been making the eggs at home and selling them out of the gas stations locally.  health dept got real interested and said, look, we ain't busting you this time, but inside of a month, we expect to see the following when we show up (or sell what you got and stop).  my dad was buying relish at a flea mkt that a lady was making at home.  she'd rent a spot and sell it off a table under a pool umbrella.  health dept would show up to make the walk around and she'd get a tip and hide the relish and leave.  this went on several times and finally they found her.  same deal.  they were nice about it, but, comply or stop.  

r/lebowski - It's gonna be hard to keep em down on the farm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, acem said:

My sister in law makes her husband 'widow maker sandwiches. 

Bacon, fried eggs and cheese on a bun

He loves them. She laughes about it.

The bun is the bad part the rest is the way a human should eat, carnivore/keto style.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, acem said:

McDonald's are nothing like hers.

Lots of good thick bacon, three fried eggs, three slices of cheese, other condiments, etc on a hoghie bun.

You need three napkins with her's.

You don't need a napkin at McDonald's and I'd still be hungry after eating one.

She's got him on the expire express plan 😳

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the mountain if you catch the kitchen manager you can still order a heart attack, ham, bacon, sausage cheese and a fried egg on a bagel. Its not on the menu and the Mexicans don’t know what to do if you ask, but Erin will fix you up😉.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Order of preference.

Soft boiled
Poached
Over easy
Shirred
Deviled
Scrambledxies Style.Hard boiled.
Hard to prioritize because I like eggs about any way they are prepared.
One oddity, I only put ketchup on an egg sandwich, but sometimes i put mustard and a little hot sauce on  over easy eggs.
Soft boiled and poached get salt and pepper, never anything else.
I like eggs benedict and biscuits and gravy Dixie Style with an over easy egg on top. (was informed once that, being a "Yank" I wasn't allowed to call that "Dixie Style") 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tried @Sledgehammer ‘s “Walkeaytoo dorty” recipe today, except I didn’t have any sausage, so it is lacking, but its good, scrambled eggs with cream cheese and feta in them, wrapped up un a tortilla with salsa and sour cream. 

IMG_0242.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2023 at 1:10 PM, jass1660 said:

The bun is the bad part the rest is the way a human should eat, carnivore/keto style.

Right on.  Healthy fat (bacon grease, butter, beef fat) is good for you, and I need all the calories I can get from protein and fat. The bun is the widow maker.  Turns out it was never the fat, it was (and is) the processed carbs in what passes for bread these days.

I eat three or four eggs every morning.  Most days over easy, sometimes over medium, sometimes scrambled, and once in a while an omelet.  With bacon, or whatever leftover meat I can find.  I even sear round steak and slice it real thin once in a while.

A few slices of tater under the eggs, a mushroom or two cooked in butter and/or olive oil, and  a piece of heavy rye toast with lots of butter.  Sometimes sharp cheddar on top.  My least favorite is hard boiled, but they're o.k. with salt, pepper, and a slab of butter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I tried @Sledgehammer ‘s “Walkeaytoo dorty” recipe today, except I didn’t have any sausage, so it is lacking, but its good, scrambled eggs with cream cheese and feta in them, wrapped up un a tortilla with salsa and sour cream. 

IMG_0242.jpeg

Must be someone else’s recipe because I don’t care for cream cheese and won’t eat the stuff on purpose.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sledgehammer said:

Must be someone else’s recipe because I don’t care for cream cheese and won’t eat the stuff on purpose.  

🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...