$4500

nomorejohndeere

But for $4500 you get a front weight bracket, a set of 9 bolt hubs, what looks like 2 sets of rear weights, some sort of quick hitch, and a tractor.  

24 minutes ago, hobbyfarm said:

But for $4500 you get a front weight bracket, a set of 9 bolt hubs, what looks like 2 sets of rear weights, some sort of quick hitch, and a tractor.  

Good point.  After these last two that first 1066 looks better and better.  

1 hour ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

The seasons are longer in the south and sometimes year round. Most tractors down there just get used harder. It’s not any different than the mixer tractors on a dairy or a large feed yard. 

X2.  Tractors on dairy farms around here  10,000 plus hours is very common.  At work many are over 20,000.  Not many shed queens in these parts.  Field work here is from Middle of March to beginning of December.  

• Like 1

I like the late style steps (79 model?). Those vintage 18.4x38 Goodyear rice and canes don't hold up nearly as well as the bf goodrichs do. Dupont rebuild. Decent looking quick hitch. Sway block 3pt is a plus. Custom rops top. A 1066 rops is worth substantialy more down here than a 1086 rops.

I like the 490 disk in the background.

Batton Rouge means Red Stick. There's a story about the name.

That tractor is in the Florida parishes, not Cajun county.

It looks like a 1086.

It seems to have two remotes. Tacos had one?

The rops we're very common in the south in 86 series IH as well as 30 and 50 series JD. Lots of them around independent of the taco tractors.

I bet she's got a lot of life left in her.

That ROPS probably served more as a sun shade considering the heat and sun down here.  A cab becomes an oven when the AC goes.  Hot in Alabama usually goes from mid May to late September or Mid October.  And yes, It is amazing what I see left in the fields instead of being put up under a shelter.  My Dad put our 14T in the shed every night or at least covered it with a tarp if we left it in the field so we could get an earlier start the next day.  Down here they just leave the baler in the field between cuttings.

Bill

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 7:53 PM, stronger800 said:

Exactly. Ugly as it is, to somebody that needed one, that would be a pretty good deal.
In a related story, this is how New York pricing looks:  $1200

And no I am not affiliated with it

A8A05B8A-0E13-47CA-A28B-06688233FF7A.thumb.jpeg.bf831c99ab044b0274b70e7fcff26260.jpegC84A33D9-2FDB-4616-B688-F626D41634F8.thumb.jpeg.fa98ce29e248b50badaa3ddd3c6b4803.jpeg

That isn’t a bad price. Around my area of Mn that would be a $2000 baler.

There were some 86 series tractors built for an order that was supposed to go to Mexico. These tractors were rops and single remotes. Many of these tractors never maid it to Mexico and were sold in the US. These are refered to as 'taco tractors)

The 4 post 86 were popular in the south. I've ever seen 50 series and magnum rops tractors. However, many people assume that all 4 post 86 series are taco tractors. 

The tractor  looks ok to me but fully priced.

Thx-Ace 

Speaking of the Taco Tractors- Is it known for a fact whether or not they were ALL TA delete, or in reality, did some of the Tacos come equipped with the TA?

11 minutes ago, stronger800 said:

Oh wow. I did not  realize that.   Was that early on in production or later?

Not sure but I think it was later and added even more to Harvesters financial problems when the deal fell through. I think it was a substantial amount of tractors.