Hamms beer sign

dale560

Anybody remember these signs. Way back in late 1970s we used to stop at local bar in small town in the early morning. Dad was a stickler to be up working early so sometimes as we drove through  he would stop in bar early to gossip and we would get a pop and candy bar. Always remember looking at this sign as we drank our pop. Back then they weren’t so strict.

052959B3-B201-4ACE-AF3C-4133B6D02A3A.png

166C5F7F-16DC-47DD-8EF3-073436B14586.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I remember the hamms bear commercials on TV when I was a fairly young kid.

I remember those too.

33 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Anybody remember these signs. Way back in late 1970s we used to stop at local bar in small town in the early morning. Dad was a stickler to be up working early so sometimes as we drove through  he would stop in bar early to gossip and we would get a pop and candy bar. Always remember looking at this sign as we drank our pop. Back then they weren’t so strict.

052959B3-B201-4ACE-AF3C-4133B6D02A3A.png

166C5F7F-16DC-47DD-8EF3-073436B14586.png

Local restaurant/bar has a Hamms sign like that and it looks like the water is rippling. Don’t know if it’s an old one or a newer one.

I had a couple great aunts who never married and live together. I remember asa kid they had little bottles of Hamms in the basement, maybe 8 oz.

My in laws ran a tavern up until 1996. They have two Hamm's signs. The big one with rippling water and a smaller one that is back lit but with no motion. Younger BIL has claimed them both. Oh well. I have tractor tinwork and road signs on my garage walls anyway. There is still hope that I can get one of the two outdoor Pabts signs that hung at the road. 🤞

There is a Hamm’s sign that is more horizontal, and shows the river flowing in motion. If in working condition, it’s worth $2,000-$3,000. Have 2 six packs of Hamm’s in the fridge right now. 16oz cans(much prefer bottles) is the only way it’s available in these parts. During my high school days, Hamm’s was a Pabst brand. Now the label is owned by MolsonCoors.

8 hours ago, Lars (midessa) said:

There is a Hamm’s sign that is more horizontal, and shows the river flowing in motion. If in working condition, it’s worth $2,000-$3,000. Have 2 six packs of Hamm’s in the fridge right now. 16oz cans(much prefer bottles) is the only way it’s available in these parts. During my high school days, Hamm’s was a Pabst brand. Now the label is owned by MolsonCoors.

That is what the sign from my youth did.the river flowed. We spent all our time in the bar on a stool watching it. The small co op was in town and dad farmed 600 acres on either side of town at that time and more that you had to drive through town to get to 30 miles away. So he would be out spraying or whatever and we would stop at 8 am just as the town was coming to life. The Wheel Inn bar in balta ND. Used to have wagon wheels on either end of its sign outside.

13 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

...boldly......."From the land of sky blue waters!......"

That commercial will always stick in my head....

Thanks Mr. Plow! Now that I'm going to have that jingle stuck in my head all day.... again.... I figured it would be best to share in the "wealth". ;v)

Mike

• Like 1

Hamm's was different when it was brewed in St. Paul, Mn and was a local beer. It got bought out by Heileman's I think, and the beer tasted different. I don't know who brews it now. They had a lot of beutifull signs for sure.

DWF

• Like 1

I'm not a beer drinker but, I sure remember those commercials! The Minnesota Twins use the Hamms theme song as their theme song. Yesterday I went into a liquor store and bought a 30 pack of Hamms for slug control as they are ruining a lot of our cabbage plants..

12 hours ago, DWF said:

Hamm's was different when it was brewed in St. Paul, Mn and was a local beer. It got bought out by Heileman's I think, and the beer tasted different. I don't know who brews it now. They had a lot of beutifull signs for sure.

DWF

Heilemans used to have Old Style and Special Export brands, probably others too. I remember going on a motor cycle trip just out of high school and seeing the Old Style world’s biggest 6 pack in LaCrossse. Is that brewery still in operation? Special Ex was kind of a “treat” for us to drink occasionally in college.