3588 Steering Cylinder pivot pin removal

Does anyone have a tip for getting the steering cylinder pivot pins (3588 2+2) out so the cylinder can be removed? I am working on the left cylinder and the rear pin and does not want to budge. I was expecting it to be easily pulled out once the retainer plate was removed, but that is not how it has gone so far. 

There are threaded holes on either side of the grease fitting that you can thread bolts into if you haven't already found them. Usually if you remove the grease fitting and thread bolts into those holes with some kind of bridge plate you can nudge them out with a long pry bar. If not a puller can be made by welding the bridge plate to a short length of pipe and using threaded rod to pull the pins. Usually, the pry bar method has worked for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WI hobby farmer said:

Does anyone have a tip for getting the steering cylinder pivot pins (3588 2+2) out so the cylinder can be removed? I am working on the left cylinder and the rear pin and does not want to budge. I was expecting it to be easily pulled out once the retainer plate was removed, but that is not how it has gone so far. 

From Service Manual GSS 4902, shows the service tool used to remove the steering cylinder pins.

2+2 Steering Cylinder Removal Tool.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1