question 656 pto

pt756

15 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

Not sure you could get 1000 rpm pto equipped with a T/A also

Best I can tell, 1000 PTO was available in all transmission variations.
The only either/or I could see is Is you could have either TA or Forward/Reverse. 

My book shows 1000 as option, but I doubt anybody has ever seen one in a row crop version.  Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

33 minutes ago, Wisconsin Ron said:

I've heard 1000 ptos exist but rare. Wasn't there a belt pulley option also or was that separate unit that bolted over existing pto? 

06, and 56 had a bolt on belt pulley option. I don't have a 656 manual to look at but I'd guess it did too

2 hours ago, Wisconsin Ron said:

I've heard 1000 ptos exist but rare. Wasn't there a belt pulley option also or was that separate unit that bolted over existing pto? 

2 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

06, and 56 had a bolt on belt pulley option. I don't have a 656 manual to look at but I'd guess it did too

Belt pulley was an optional attachment that fit the same as the ones for the larger tractors.