California Floods

Diesel Doctor

I see Tulare County, California is flooded, bad.

I know Tony lives near the town of Tulare.

Is he effected?

Tony is doing Ok on the flooding. From what I see, so far snow melt in the Sierria's is slow enough that there has not been new flooding since the rains in March.

No one per say has drained the Tulare Lake.  Just that the Army Corp of Engineers built damms on the river that feed it up in the foothills of the Sierria mountains. So 99% of the time all run off is stored above the valley floor. This year we had one of those 1% time the damms could not hold all of it.

Just heard radio reports several ski resorts had limited snow skiing on the 4th of July. So there is snow to melt yet.

Hi Guys , sorry for just seeing this !

thank you for concern , I am about 65 miles north of Tulare Lake , yes I play a lot in Tulare but the town is safe , it’s further west of town of tulare in city of Corcoran , Lemoore , Stratford that are very close to water .

corcoran state prison is right on north banks of lake as is city of Corcoran . 
last I have heard is that lake has receded a small amount .

in my area we are benefitting from lot of dam water storage fo irrigation ! Have not had to run pumps yet and don’t think will need to end of season .

because of raging rivers back in March we did have to cancel our Cali Antique farm equipment show as county was using grounds for emergency services .

being lake is 25 miles west of city of tulare it’s called Tulare lake because the land is in Tulare County with little of it in Kings County to north and Kern county to south.

in my life time I saw lake bottom land ( tulare lake) with this much water in 1969 , and now ,although it’s been flooded to some degree in between years couple of times 

tony 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys just fyi , in late January this year while rains were bringing snow to Sierra Navada mountains little did we know we would be traveling hiway 43 wasco to Fresno for last time in long time to come !.

my Nieghbor and friend Brad Wies’s bought this one row cotton picker from a field station in Wasco , ca . I helped him tow it home right through where major flooding of tulare lake would be about a month later . About one third of our route is under water today , 

Brad was lucky two ways he bought this sought after picker and he was able to get her home the most expedient route 

tony

69601833410__755020A0-1034-432A-BE31-640D7E6D37B5.jpeg

IMG_3225.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2747.jpeg

IMG_2747.jpeg

IMG_2745.jpeg

IMG_2741.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tonyinca said:

Guys just fyi , in late January this year while rains were bringing snow to Sierra Navada mountains little did we know we would be traveling hiway 43 wasco to Fresno for last time in long time to come !.

my Nieghbor and friend Brad Wies’s bought this one row cotton picker from a field station in Wasco , ca . I helped him tow it home right through where major flooding of tulare lake would be about a month later . About one third of our route is under water today , 

Brad was lucky two ways he bought this sought after picker and he was able to get her home the most expedient route 

tony

69601833410__755020A0-1034-432A-BE31-640D7E6D37B5.jpeg

IMG_3225.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2747.jpeg

IMG_2747.jpeg

IMG_2745.jpeg

IMG_2741.jpeg

IMG_2743.jpeg

Glad to fear that you haven’t been affected to badly Tony. I had never heard of Tulare lake until this spring. Crazy to me that it was not that long ago the largest fresh water lake west of the Mississippi and now it’s being farmed.

Humans drained it but now when it floods some claim it’s man made climate change.🙄