Case 2365 low power

I also found these codes in our store, original bosch, are they the same as what you presented?

2 417 413 101

1 417 413 047

I think they are just not updated with that smaller hole in them, either way I sent the code to the case ih store in my area to see if they have it.

8 minutes ago, Ionut002 said:

I also found these codes in our store, original bosch, are they the same as what you presented?

2 417 413 101

1 417 413 047

I think they are just not updated with that smaller hole in them, either way I sent the code to the case ih store in my area to see if they have it.

I do not know. The International part numbers are correct. 

$361 Canadian dollars. Yes, it's expensive.. 

the 101 is the later bosch part, the caseih is just repackaged bosch part. Typically in the usa that return bolt is about 125-150 from a Bosch pump shop. Cummins number looks to be 3963593, maybe you can find something close under that number. The washers are 3918192. 

By the way, that looks to be a problem too, could very well be the entire issue.

There is a small bleed orifice in that outlet fitting, so the gauge would goto zero as fuel escapes the orifice

The lift pump is likely worn out -- pretty common for them to fail
plastic and aluminum after all

1 hour ago, HydroTek said:

There is a small bleed orifice in that outlet fitting, so the gauge would goto zero as fuel escapes the orifice

The lift pump is likely worn out -- pretty common for them to fail
plastic and aluminum after all

He replaced that on page 1

I will also replace the fuel pump, as well as the valve, so that everything is new, I think that this should definitively solve the problem, first of all, the pressure drops immediately, and it varies a lot on the pressure gauge, as I tighten the return hose, the pressure increases, but the manometer needle keeps going up and down.
Why does he do that? Because of the lift pump?

The poppet and seat in the valve gets worn. It will sometimes seat properly and sometimes not. The 2366 I repaired had the exact symptoms with a brand new lift pump.

10 hours ago, Ionut002 said:

Or does it fluctuate like that because of the valve?

The lift pump operates from the camshaft -- so it pulses each time the cam lobe rotates

not all engines used a pressure valve in the return of the injection pump -- some only had an orifice
the lift pump will only make as much pressure as the spring inside has strength -- the camshaft only resets the spring

Did you give up and put a proper International engine in it? 

Yea, curious. I had previously ignored this topic for a week because it is called “case 2365”… I just figured it was some junky tractor model with a buzzard on the steering wheel that I had not heard of… 

Hello, sorry for the delay, I've just finished harvesting everything and until the sunflowers are harvested I'm doing an overhaul, I'll change that valve, I'll change the lifting pump and I also have to change the engine belt.

IMG-20230721-WA0018.jpeg

No, the engine runs perfectly, I have nothing wrong with it, I will check some bearings, that belt from the engine fan, and change those parts of the fuel system and let's hope it will regain its horsepower.
Excuse me, I don't speak English properly.

56 minutes ago, Ionut002 said:

No, the engine runs perfectly, I have nothing wrong with it, I will check some bearings, that belt from the engine fan, and change those parts of the fuel system and let's hope it will regain its horsepower.
Excuse me, I don't speak English properly.

Your English is great.

• Like 1

Hello, I'm back with updates as promised, I changed the lift pump, it made a big difference from 12, 15, psi to about 22 psi and I think the injection pump valve is also bad, but currently up to O new valve goes in, I opened the old valve and extended the spring from it and now I have 27 30 psi.
I think that's a good result, right?
And the pressure now holds, dropping very slowly with the engine off.
I will also give you some pictures of the lift pump piston.

20230728_155046.jpg

20230728_155040.jpg

20230728_155034.jpg

• Like 1