Remember playin' hooky?

sandhiller

I hosted the senior kegger on senior skip day back in 92.  Party was on Grandpa's hayfield up the dirt road on the east side of the farm.  Had a couple hayracks with bales on them for seating.  The only comment grandpa ever said about it was that were a lot of red Solo cups in that field that summer!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On a nice spring day in April 1981 I might have been known to skip afternoon school and buy some beer and cruise in a V8 Vega 

• Like 2

Dad built a new Morton building to farrow hogs in about 1970.

Us kids decided to have a party in it first.

There were signs all over the school and we started with 16 gallons of beer.

We ran out the first hour and had to make a run to Crocker.

We ended up drinking 32 gallon of beer and my Mom made 100 ham sandwiches that disappeared like smoke.

I don't think a party like that would happen in today's world?

• Like 6

Nope...my azz would have been grazz when my parents found out! They didn't tolerate that sort of thing very well. Now, college was another story!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

We ended up drinking 32 gallon of beer and my Mom made 100 ham sandwiches that disappeared like smoke.

Fitting way to christen the new barn

• Like 2

I got my parents to write a note for me to get out of school. “Family business to attend to” I believe is how they phrased it. Cattle auctions, hog shows, a few times discing the fields. Being a farm kid was great. Seriously I went to numerous livestock shows and sales with and without my parents with their blessing. I also spent senior skip day in the cab of dads 5088, as well as prom night I waved at the limos going by the field as I chisel plowed. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 12:38 AM, Diesel Doctor said:

...no way...with the price of ham, these daze     ........:rolleyes:

Mike

• Haha 1

well..............the only days i played hookey were when turkey season opened in our county, it was blessed by mom/dad. The only trouble was our principle was only 7 yrs older than us and wanted to be out there too so he knew what we were doing. I have no idea what mom wrote on my note but whatever it was we got tardy slips. We only skipped 1/2 days, just went out in the mornings i think wed was the longest we ever went before getting our turkey. Usually it was opening day. 

I never skipped on senior skip day, most of the kids were not the crowd i would have wanted to be around so didnt waste my day on them. I would have rather been at school tormenting the teachers, I was rotten. 

• Haha 2