What plow is this???

It looks like a reversible of some kind? Maybe a switch plow?? Was that an IH creation? Looks like something that rolled out of Stockton Works.

Mike

100_3332.JPG

• Like 1

When I zoom in it looks like a disk plow 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that might be one of the first rinditions of a varible width plow. If you notie the cylinder towards the back that runs an adjustable link in front of the maon backbone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EASY BOB said:

I think that might be one of the first rinditions of a varible width plow. If you notie the cylinder towards the back that runs an adjustable link in front of the maon backbone.

I'm thinking that's what switches the frame from one side to the other. You can see the curved rail up by the tractor that would permit that. It would make sense that you could adjust the width with it too.

Mike

Just now, DT Fan said:

I would agree with that. Never knew such things existed until the Round-up, now I've seen two!

They had one of them at a Round-up?

Mike

19 minutes ago, DT Fan said:

It was a Fast-Hitch, three disc.

IMG_1975.jpeg

IMG_1974.jpeg

That is one cool plow! Never seen one before.

Wonder how they do in rocks & yellow clay??

Mike

4 minutes ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

That is one cool plow! Never seen one before.

Wonder how they do in rocks & yellow clay??

Mike

Well, I'm certainly no expert but my understanding is that they worked great in rocky, stumpy, roots, and such.

Edit; Need to get down to see Dirt Floor Poor and check out the one they have and maybe pick up some delicacies!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve seen those with the 4100 in IH films. Always wondered how they worked. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 7and8and1456 said:

If it is a Switch Plow.  Harrell Company was the first manufacturer. https://harrellag.com/product/on-land-switch-plow-6300/

That's interesting. It looks like a plow full of snow scoops. Looked up the patents for it &.... sure enough, there's a citation referring to a towable snow plow. There were no citations for the switch frame & I'll have to dig further.

Also, IH had that plow in the filmstrip about 30 years before Harrell patented theirs.

Mike

John deere still sells a zwitch plow. There are some landscapers around here that use them. They also run them in the carolinas.