loking for crank to BD264 -b450

BWD6  /    BTD6 /     W450 D /  BMD    Farmall...all British of course .....thus I believe you would be better to try and contact   a tractor wrecking business in the United Kingdom...

There is a few 'members''  on this fine site that live in the UK...hopefully they will help you in you search for a crankshaft

There are several     Australian  models that used the BD264  /  AD  264.....but the UK is so much closer for you 

Good Luck    :)

Mike

as a funny or not,info/ source, this PC I was forced to purchase is originally a/n HINdian model, so 90% in the beginning /still 30% of the videos etc are from there (when it phones home)

they not only repair old and make new , they make OEM for the Auto mFGS in such conditions heavy tossed ,on dirt floors you just gasp if china is worse?

no clue how to capture it for you.

16 minutes ago, IHC-DK said:

No its not French, but Danish.

Andreas 

...well aware of that fact   !!!.....worked with a bunch of Creole    (bastardised     French )   speaking blokes for three years....:)

..but can  you help with the crankshaft issue ????

Mike

13 hours ago, mike newman said:

...well aware of that fact   !!!.....worked with a bunch of Creole    (bastardised     French )   speaking blokes for three years....:)

..but can  you help with the crankshaft issue ????

Mike

The B450 was a well known model here in it's time. So to find a crank within our borders should be possible. Do you know if one from a BD281 would work ?

Andreas

16 hours ago, IHC-DK said:

The B450 was a well known model here in it's time. So to find a crank within our borders should be possible. Do you know if one from a BD281 would work ?

Andreas

I'd like to think it would most likely be the same. Crankshafts for the 248 ,264, and 281 gas for the M through 450 are interchangeable I believe . So a diesel crankshaft for the similar engines might possibly be the same? 

21 hours ago, IHC-DK said:

Andreas

God  morgen, Andreas.

....I have a set of bearing shells for the BD    281 crankshaft....different  part #'s  to the  BD264   crank....so I think it will be different

Mike 

1 hour ago, mike newman said:

God  morgen, Andreas.

....I have a set of bearing shells for the BD    281 crankshaft....different  part #'s  to the  BD264   crank....so I think it will be different

Mike 

Nice 😁 thank you Mike.

I will check some numbers.

Andreas 

4 hours ago, mike newman said:

God  morgen, Andreas.

Mike 

Hi guys,

yes the bearing sizes are different between these two engines, the 281 has larger diameter journals so obviously it will not fit in the 264 block.D367A910-FC13-4CBE-9A75-27CEF0DC1911.thumb.jpeg.b6f7907d616adfd103cac306dee6e85e.jpeg67DF238A-BD34-4262-BF39-F13BAEE2955F.thumb.jpeg.de9c85b47d8b037d32aff5c687c4494f.jpeg

Mike , just out of curiosity which bearings do you have for the 281???…….mains or big ends ???

I hope you guys manage to find a crankshaft for the B-450….it would be nice to see it running again👍

Regards , Heath,

NZ

• Like 1

...big end shells, Heath.   .jealously   guarded with the ol' .45-70 ...!!!

...got  two 634's     complete..but distressed.....and   I seem to be just about a permanent addition to the   Rainbow and Raglan Station  staff......still got a bunch of IH stuff to get through..  including    pistons and liners for both Farmall H and WD  /TD   6.....sometime

Mike

• Like 1

• 1 month later...