question 1486 hydraulics

pt756

On the way home today trying to find a rental tractor for30 inch rows, stopped by a guy that has a 1486 for sale maybe, I noticed right away there was a filter up by the oil pan with hoses coming out ot the mcv body? than it had that different hydraulics, PFC?? I was always under the impression they were a little more trouble later on in life?

I honestly don't know. I imagine cost for pump replacement. Bought a 3688 that was converted. Wish it wasn't. I would rather had the pph still in it. You can get new aftermarket gear pumps pretty reasonable and gonna pay alot for a reman pph pump and they want good core back with the pph. Had to replace the pph pump in 3788 once and it wasn't a big job. 

6 hours ago, HydroTek said:

I had several that broke the little shaft inside the pump from running a brush hog -- that shaft was not replaceable, had to buy a new pump -- I think that was the reason some were changed to the gear pump

I was able to get the shafts years ago plus  the plates from parker hanafin  they were the company that produced them pumps for IH