Front mount Sickle bar mowers

U-C

The Newest front mount sickle mower made by the Swiss Wepfer Company with there brand new knife system using a spring steel cut blades

• Like 1

same new Wepfer mower but without any windrowing or crimper attachments

the mower is avaible either for front three point lift systems or just with a lifting cylinder for tractors without any front mount three points

• Like 1

For years I wanted to put something like this on the Farmall C . Years of looking back at that new idea neck breaker plug up . Will give inspiration to create a better way to do something. 
Im glad someone beat me to it. I have to redesign three times to make it perfect. Save me a lot of grief.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, acem said:

Interesting setup.

I always wanted a side mounted sickle mower. A neighbor had one on a tractor with a narrow front end. It looked quite handy.

image.thumb.png.0cba71eff2aa6767c8957932c822a461.png

Yep the hot set up also ,  been looking for a 110 or 115 for the Farmall C . 

Looks like a bad idea running over the recently cut material. side would be better

1 hour ago, cedar farm said:

Looks like a bad idea running over the recently cut material. side would be better

its a dual action knife so running over is no problem no plugging is possible the tech has been around for decades

• Like 1

the Allis Chalmers C that was given to me last fall has a 7' side mount bar

its a lot easier on the neck cutting  vs the trailer mowers

I don't run a crimper 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, U-C said:

its a dual action knife so running over is no problem no plugging is possible the tech has been around for decades

Plugging isn't possible?! Hmmm not even running over gopher mounds? I dont see a problem running over the cut material. Your running over it with a regular sickle mower too.  I was wondering how you would see it was plugged if it was up front tho.

4 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Plugging isn't possible?! Hmmm not even running over gopher mounds? I dont see a problem running over the cut material. Your running over it with a regular sickle mower too.  I was wondering how you would see it was plugged if it was up front tho.

its a two knife system without guards invented in Germany by Busatis in the late 1950s early 60s dad said that those farmers that had those mowers (back then all of em either where on the tractor side between the axles or in the rear) never had any issues while the ones with the single knife with guards plugged up. Even the Amish are using the two knife system on their mowers

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Gearclash said:

I wish I could try the double sickle concept for haying road ditches.  They would have some advantages over disk mowers.  

I and J Manufacturing in the US sells three point hitch versions of em, and I think so does John Deere for there Frontier line

• 1 month later...