8.3 fan out of balance?

KY2674

The belt tensioner on our dozer with a Cummins came apart which threw the belt into the fan which broke a piece off the fan and proceeded to knock a hole in the radiator 🙄. Is this piece enough to throw it out of balance? It's a heavy fan,about all I could do to wiggle it out by myself. So buy a new fan, add a small bolt to the blade for balance or stick it back on and forget about it?

20230622_102735.jpg

20230622_102548.jpg

• Sad 1

I'd definitely think that would be out of balance 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MTO said:

Cut the tips off the other 5 blades...

Technically this could work perfectly fine. We had a plastic fan blade I think on our 75 XT it came new on that. When it exploded we went to a metal fan blade like every other skid loader that we have has. I think those plastic blades are fine up until a certain amount of time and they get too much stress to him and they break easily into a lot of pieces.

2 hours ago, bitty said:

Technically this could work perfectly fine. We had a plastic fan blade I think on our 75 XT it came new on that. When it exploded we went to a metal fan blade like every other skid loader that we have has. I think those plastic blades are fine up until a certain amount of time and they get too much stress to him and they break easily into a lot of pieces.

One would think the heat in a tight engine compartment such as a skidsteer would increase the brittleness of a plastic fan…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikem said:

Should only have to cut the blade straight across...🤔

Mike

Will this work. Having trouble finding the right part number for this dozer. See similar fans on the internet but they don't list this dozer in the applications. The dozer is a pusher fan and I don't know if you can simply flip over the fan or if the offset is different. Have a metal fan off a CIH 1660 but it's 4 bolt and mine is 6. Can change mounting but then my pulleys won't work. 

1 hour ago, KY2674 said:

Will this work. Having trouble finding the right part number for this dozer. See similar fans on the internet but they don't list this dozer in the applications. The dozer is a pusher fan and I don't know if you can simply flip over the fan or if the offset is different. Have a metal fan off a CIH 1660 but it's 4 bolt and mine is 6. Can change mounting but then my pulleys won't work. 

Flipping a fan won't change it from puller to pusher....(Don't ask me how I know 🥴)

If the blades are straight across, I would just trim the one opposite to match, and at least it would buy some time to keep looking.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Look at reverse fan system . Maybe called clean fix fan ? I've seen them at trade shows 

• Thanks 1