Latest addition

sandhiller

Quite a machine. I didn’t get a picture but I probably passed a dozen army vehicles stretched out about 10 or so miles on I-80 coming to RPRU. That was probably an hour and a half from Grand Island. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

You guys have WAY more equipment than you have people to operate it don’t you?

If its like the volunteer fire department in my home town they are lucky to have any one at all. And then theres the issue of is anyone actually sober enough to respond properly at any given moment. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

What will this one become, Jeff? Water tanker?

Yes sir

11 hours ago, hardtail said:

Do you get any deals on these being a FD?

Yes we do 

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

You guys have WAY more equipment than you have people to operate it don’t you?

No sir, we have a great group of young guys who are stepping up, just added two more.

We may be an anomaly among all volunteer fire depts.

This will be replacing a 1972 Am General M 818 (first 5t we bought) that has been an excellent truck but old enough, parts are getting hard to come by.

We need to keep the equipment we respond with as up to date and dependable as we can afford 

16 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

If its like the volunteer fire department in my home town they are lucky to have any one at all. And then theres the issue of is anyone actually sober enough to respond properly at any given moment. 

I am very sorry to hear that

We are not like that.

We have very good response from our volunteers.

Not saying we have not had issues in the past, but us OG's have worked hard to set a good example and ride herd, not afraid to drop the hammer when needed.

Yes we are just volunteers but we are under public scrutiny constantly being judged by those on the outside. 

We can be put in dangerous situations at times, even life threatening. 

We have to do it right or as right as we can making quick decisions under rapidly changing conditions.

We take it very seriously.

I have no problem with the guys drinking beer during the hot wash after the trucks are serviced and back in the barn, ready to respond again after each fire.

They've earned it.

• Like 4