CASE IH Equipment In a Movie

Rick G.

Just watched the 2014 science fiction movie “INTERSTELLAR” last night on Amazon Prime. There is CASE IH combines and tractors in the farming scenes. 
Movie’s almost 10 years old. Can’t believe I never watched it before now. 

• Like 1

The movie Twister has a 1600 Series combine and what appears to be a 660 or 560 Standard getting tossed about like toys, which for the purposes of reality they likely were.

Watch In The Heat Of The Night (1967). The town mayor is also the local IH dealer principal. New tractors and combines are featured prominently including a 1206 fender and an 806 fender with white wheels.

Several weeks ago l watched a movie called "A Trip To Bountiful".  Story about a old lady that wanted to make one last trip to her family's old farm and visit a old friend. Was supposed to taken place in the late 1940's. But while looking out the window of the bus she is riding, it shows a 806 LP pulling a disc in a field near the highway. l think they missed the time frame by about 15 years.....lol

image.png.4b3f8a8eb51436697fa534b5fdf19b23.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rick G. said:

Just watched the 2014 science fiction movie “INTERSTELLAR” last night on Amazon Prime. There is CASE IH combines and tractors in the farming scenes. 
Movie’s almost 10 years old. Can’t believe I never watched it before now. 

It looks to me like the CASE IH combine model is the 8120 if I'm not mistaken.
It also seems to me that it was a Canadian CASE IH dealer "Roky Mountain" who had produced this equipment.

Also, for purposes of the movie, the combines and tractors were automated / autonomous. Did you notice how the combine cab windows are all covered over with louvers? Lol….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

Hellfighters with John Wayne from 1968.  IH must have been a sponsor with all of the dozers and trucks in that movie.

John Wayne has a special edition scout or IH truck maybe called the war wagon after his same named film . Maybe he was an IH guy....I know uncle George had something John Wayne on his wall and he was a retired engineer 

There is a movie called A Dogs Purpose, and it starts out with letter series farmalls on a farm, and as time goes on the tractors stay red but progress to the 60 series and eventually to new stuff. Don't remember much about the movie, just the tractors 

**** Fighters was a bunch of IH trucks, but I'm pretty sure the construction equipment was all cable control Cats.