Red power 2026

ihman1468

48 minutes ago, Dzldenny said:

Just thinking here... How about at an airfield? They host fly ins. Seems they would need lots of room, venders, parking, etc. And most importantly insurance. Our local farm show is held at Oshkosh every spring and each summer they host the EAA. The largest fly in on the planet. There is usually plenty of grassy area for display and hangers for indoor vending and such. ???

Wisconsin looked at it years ago. I can't remember if it was the cost to rent it or they did not want the tractors there

I been most most rpru’s in the last 10 years.  Always a good time to look,  talk,  buy,  etc about IH.  Seen #503 Farmall H twice now.  Great owner to show it off & talk to.  
   Sure seemed a lack of vendors this year,  but that is only my opinion.  Crowds disappear in the afternoons.  Will rpru even make to year 40?  Would like to go to one in Indiana,  NY & Michigan.  I know the show will never make it north of 49th parallel,  so will continue come south where ever it’s held.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 6/25/2023 at 6:17 AM, Diesel Doctor said:

Let the venue handle the:

Inside Vendors, Food Vendors, Exhibitor Display Parking-Load/Unload, Outside Vendors, Gate Admission, Golf Carts rental, Chapter Tables, Camping, Medical, Security

Let's say this is a State Fair Grounds. This is all handled during that event. Let them do it again. They should be pros at it and have the people in place to work the gates, etc. 

The Chamber of Commerce can handle:

Publicity and Advertising, Activities and Entertainment -Tours, Merchandising

They usually do all this work for the State Fair or other show, so let them do what they do best. 

Chapter needs to handle:
Exhibitor Registration, Buttons and Plaques, Steel Wheel Tractors, IH Engines,Belt Buckles, Parade Announcer, Show Books,Signs, Cub Cadets, IH Trucks/Scouts, Memorabilia & IH Refrigeration, Parts Coral, Show Tractor,Youth Tractor Restoration Contest.

Now the Chapter needs far less people and much of this can be combined into one. You can work on the IH show itself and leave the other issues to the Venue and Chamber.

Yeah.... i can promise 99% of fairgrounds and chambers would not do one thing you listed.  They are all volunteers/ part time.  Cousin runs local large fairground here.  If not during our 10 day Fair its a 5 person crew with 1 CEO.  They will opme the gate and show you whats whats but food, tix, etc   LOL good one

16 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Yeah.... i can promise 99% of fairgrounds and chambers would not do one thing you listed.  They are all volunteers/ part time.  Cousin runs local large fairground here.  If not during our 10 day Fair its a 5 person crew with 1 CEO.  They will opme the gate and show you whats whats but food, tix, etc   LOL good one

The Wisconsin State Fair grounds would handle that list with ease. Whether or not they would want tractors there is another story. Don't know about pricing. It's still $20 to get into Trainfest, but that show has been there 52 years. That show is also a priority to the management & the city for that matter.

Thinking locally, there's the county fairgrounds. They're hosting a Gathering of the Green. Judging by the show flyer & who's behind the show, it's probably not going to be some rinky-dink setup.

And forget Madison!

Mike

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Yeah.... i can promise 99% of fairgrounds and chambers would not do one thing you listed.  They are all volunteers/ part time.  Cousin runs local large fairground here.  If not during our 10 day Fair its a 5 person crew with 1 CEO.  They will open the gate and show you whats whats but food, tix, etc   LOL good one

We are very fortunate here to have a terrific State Fair that is run like a business and is here to help anyone wanting to hold a major event on grounds. It sure makes our life easier.

• Like 1

For 2024, the Clay County Fairgrounds is in charge of Tickets/ Admission, spectator parking, camping, garbage removal, grounds maintenance, security,  food vendors and set up in the larger multifunction buildings.  This takes a burden off Iowa Chapter 5 hosting the Roundup there.

• Like 1