Red power 2026

ihman1468

On 6/22/2023 at 6:25 PM, 766 Man said:

probably could not do much in the way in demo's

What is there for demos at an RPRU? I was only to the one in 2009 & there as a whole lotta nadda going on.

Mike

1 hour ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

What is there for demos at an RPRU? I was only to the one in 2009 & there as a whole lotta nadda going on.

Mike

Does not have to stay that way.  Could have a plowing event depending on the venue.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 766 Man said:

Does not have to stay that way.  Could have a plowing event depending on the venue.  

You’d have to get it approved by the National IHCC to have anything more than a static show. In 2010 we were supposed to have a demo of a PayScrapper and a TD-15B, but the storms that went through the day before the show put an end to that.

9 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

You’d have to get it approved by the National IHCC to have anything more than a static show. In 2010 we were supposed to have a demo of a PayScrapper and a TD-15B, but the storms that went through the day before the show put an end to that.

Is the show kept static due to insurance reasons? Can't imagine it's just to keep from looking bad if there's a rain out, etc.

Mike

1 hour ago, FarmallFan said:

Instead we played in the mud with our trucks and trailers. We didn't have any power at our hotel and McDonald's was about the only restaurant with power. We went to Walmart and bought a flashlight so we could see to take a shower and change clothes at the hotel.

Fun times for all. Great show. 

I remember another show hotel without power and people stuck in the elevator. I went to the front desk and asked for the tool. They had called 911 but were told that it would probably be a little while because they were very busy with the storm. She didn't really know what the tool looked like but we found it. I got the elevator door open and "rescued" it's riders. They were pretty happy. We called and canceled the fire department,  figured they had better things to do. 

Oh the fun we have had at tractor shows. And now good stories to tell. 

2 hours ago, Absent Minded Farmer said:

Is the show kept static due to insurance reasons? Can't imagine it's just to keep from looking bad if there's a rain out, etc.

Mike

Yes, it’s due to insurance.

• Thanks 1

I would love to see a tractor pulling at the RPRU. Most areas have pulling clubs that would come in and put on a show. By 5 pm everything shuts down at the show it would be nice to sit down and watch a pull in the evening. I thought I heard there was going to be a pull at the Huron show couple years ago, never heard if it happened or not?

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Bent said:

I would love to see a tractor pulling at the RPRU. Most areas have pulling clubs that would come in and put on a show. By 5 pm everything shuts down at the show it would be nice to sit down and watch a pull in the evening. I thought I heard there was going to be a pull at the Huron show couple years ago, never heard if it happened or not?

Yes it did happen.  I am not sure who was sponsoring it.

2 hours ago, FarmallFan said:

Yes, it’s due to insurance.

Out of curiosity then. What type of insurance does HCOP carry to have the live demos they have? Im sure it isn't cheap. 

On 6/22/2023 at 9:28 PM, junkandcattle said:

Sedalia has my attention. Less than a hundred miles I could drive there without a pee stop 😀

its only 45 mins from me so if i am not there you have permission to come over to  my house and drag me there - i plan to go and there is definitely a MSTPA that woudl prob come, they could practice at the fair grounds before the real deal in august where the state fair has it if someone wants to do a tractor pull. Plenty of them around here and the guy that runs the Garden Tractor Pulls around here might get him to come also. lotsa cub cadets in that.

I think there is some kind of Chapter 1 IH group in missouri but never heard anything of them other than googled them, never heard any of them on here either. I suppose they might have their finger in the pot for the RPRU in Sedaila.

Not complaining at all, but I would also like to see some things happen after 5 p.m. on show days. I completely understand people that are there from 6 a.m. til 5 want to be done for the day.  But with the amount of people who come to camp and chat while drooling over tractors I think would enjoy some events in the evenings. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dver said:

Yes it did happen.  I am not sure who was sponsoring it.

IIRC, my employer was one of the main sponsors for the tractor pull at RPRU 2020 in Huron. Didn't get to see it as I was helping out getting the display ready in the beef barn. 

• Sad 1

On 6/20/2023 at 8:49 AM, Nebraska1206 said:

Next year would be the year to do it, 2024, the 5 millionth tractor turns 50 years old.

The 5 millionth tractor will be celebrated next year in Spencer, IA along with the 70th Anniversary of the MTA and the 100th Anniversary of the first Farmall Regular tractors sold to the public.  Planning an exhibit of 1924 Regulars, will feature the complete set of Regulars (one from each year of production) from the Heine collection.   We are inviting all 1066 5 millionth clones to attend for a special exhibit.   Hope to have the largest gathering of MTA'S ever!  Plan now to join us next June.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

The 5 millionth tractor will be celebrated next year in Spencer, IA along with the 70th Anniversary of the MTA and the 100th Anniversary of the first Farmall Regular tractors sold to the public.  Planning an exhibit of 1924 Regulars, will feature the complete set of Regulars (one from each year of production) from the Heine collection.   We are inviting all 1066 5 millionth clones to attend for a special exhibit.   Hope to have the largest gathering of MTA'S ever!  Plan now to join us next June.

The 2004 show celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Super MTA and had over 50 show up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Hey Aaron, how about a 40th anniversary celebration of the Super 70 series? One of the best memories of RPRU 2017 in Des Moines was all the 72/7488s. There has probably never been a time where that many of those tractors were together since they left the Farmall plant in late 1984. 

On 6/25/2023 at 9:17 AM, Diesel Doctor said:

Let the venue handle the:

Inside Vendors, Food Vendors, Exhibitor Display Parking-Load/Unload, Outside Vendors, Gate Admission, Golf Carts rental, Chapter Tables, Camping, Medical, Security

Let's say this is a State Fair Grounds. This is all handled during that event. Let them do it again. They should be pros at it and have the people in place to work the gates, etc. 

The Chamber of Commerce can handle:

Publicity and Advertising, Activities and Entertainment -Tours, Merchandising

They usually do all this work for the State Fair or other show, so let them do what they do best. 

Chapter needs to handle:
Exhibitor Registration, Buttons and Plaques, Steel Wheel Tractors, IH Engines,Belt Buckles, Parade Announcer, Show Books,Signs, Cub Cadets, IH Trucks/Scouts, Memorabilia & IH Refrigeration, Parts Coral, Show Tractor,Youth Tractor Restoration Contest.

Now the Chapter needs far less people and much of this can be combined into one. You can work on the IH show itself and leave the other issues to the Venue and Chamber.

The last 3 RPRU shows held in Ohio were on county fairgrounds. I can't speak for RPRU 2022 show....the venue I chaired would only would take care on Golf carts, food and gate only plus they keep the money. I'm not sure of any venue that would take care what was posted above. More power to your group if they do.  

It's been 10 years since I chaired an event like a RPRU....

11 hours ago, Merk said:

The last 3 RPRU shows held in Ohio were on county fairgrounds. I can't speak for RPRU 2022 show....the venue I chaired would only would take care on Golf carts, food and gate only plus they keep the money. I'm not sure of any venue that would take care what was posted above. More power to your group if they do.  

It's been 10 years since I chaired an event like a RPRU....

If you are serious about doing one, I would go shopping for a venue.

There has to be more than one fairgrounds in Ohio?

Sometimes that is all it takes to bring an organization around to your way of thinking. 

It has to be workable for your group or you walk away.

5 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

If you are serious about doing one, I would go shopping for a venue.

There has to be more than one fairgrounds in Ohio?

Sometimes that is all it takes to bring an organization around to your way of thinking. 

It has to be workable for your group or you walk away.

If Ohio is like NY most of the smaller counties will be too small in terms of outdoor area and parking.  Since NY is the subject there is a choice in terms of larger counties.  We also have the option of approaching the owner of the long time Empire Farm Days site in Seneca Falls, NY.  

1 minute ago, 766 Man said:

If Ohio is like NY most of the smaller counties will be too small in terms of outdoor area and parking.  Since NY is the subject there is a choice in terms of larger counties.  We also have the option of approaching the owner of the long time Empire Farm Days site in Seneca Falls, NY.  

You won't know unless you try?

On 6/20/2023 at 10:11 AM, Big Bud guy said:

I was thinking there should have been a show 20 years ago to celebrate 100th year of the founding of IH.

Penfield 2002 was for the 100th anniversary. BEST show I've been to by far!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 766 Man said:

That is if they haven't plowed the show grounds under and turned it back into farmland. They hadn't the last time I was by there but that was the year they got screwed out of the EFD, when Teitsworth had is last auction there. Anything could have happened since then.

30 minutes ago, Matt Kirsch said:

That is if they haven't plowed the show grounds under and turned it back into farmland. They hadn't the last time I was by there but that was the year they got screwed out of the EFD, when Teitsworth had is last auction there. Anything could have happened since then.

Very little has changed there as of early this spring.  Lott's are business people first and farmers second.  NY was their third stop after PA then FL.  They bought on the edge of Seneca Falls because at the time that community was prosperous and growing (Eisenhower College being built).  The possibility was there of development.  They bought property in Canandaigua along 5 & 20 a little ways east of the existing commercial corridor.  They did not run equipment 30 miles from home because there was simply no other ground to farm.  Then 1979-80 hit economically in the region from Buffalo to Syracuse with lots of closures and layoffs.  In Seneca Falls Sylvania and Seneca Knitting closed during the early 1980's.  Goulds Pumps was wondering out loud whether they should relocate to the Carolina's, Texas, or the SW US.  I came of age while all this was happening and look at myself as a survivor.  The opportunity was never there to do much else unless I wanted to be gone months at a time doing long haul trucking.  You could say I am a little bitter getting late in middle age.  As to EFD it is a very sensitive subject to some people including a few I know.  

3 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

You won't know unless you try?

The point man should be someone who can readily arrange his time to give such an effort top priority.  That is not me, unfortunately.  I could give the pro's and con's of most of the county fairgrounds around me so as to give some help.  I am sure Matt and Chris could do the same in their areas.  For events such as Pageant of Steam in Canandaigua there is adequate lodging but get down to the Allegany County Fairgrounds in Angelica, NY people would have to room quite a ways away from the site.  

Just thinking here... How about at an airfield? They host fly ins. Seems they would need lots of room, venders, parking, etc. And most importantly insurance. Our local farm show is held at Oshkosh every spring and each summer they host the EAA. The largest fly in on the planet. There is usually plenty of grassy area for display and hangers for indoor vending and such. ???

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dzldenny said:

Just thinking here... How about at an airfield? They host fly ins. Seems they would need lots of room, venders, parking, etc. And most importantly insurance. Our local farm show is held at Oshkosh every spring and each summer they host the EAA. The largest fly in on the planet. There is usually plenty of grassy area for display and hangers for indoor vending and such. ???

I can't think of an airfield around here to do that with.  The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the steam pageant grounds in Canandaigua, NY as long as they have enough indoor footage which concerns me.  Outdoor space, lodging, experienced help, access, parking, and remoteness from population would be strengths.