New member needs help with 450 hydraulics

railguy

Well the only thing I had time to do so far is make a gasket for the column  and in stall it just used a

Npiece I had. It's pretty thick. Then I realized there's probably a pretty good negative pressure in there where the pump pull the fluid through the filter.  So I guess I should use a thinner material and sealant on at least one side. 

Nobody has a suggestion about fluid? 

I'm planning on using VP J20 Hy-Tran For older tractors. Unless somebody tells me not to.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got everything back together. Fast hitch works power steering works. Took awhile getting everything back right that steering bracket must have been throwing everything off before. The throttle works really good now that was a pleasant surprise I wasn't looking for. No leaks I can see. I washed all the oil off so I'll be able to see. Haven't put the hoods on yet but it'll be nice to have everything line up.

Maybe this winter ill tackle the rebuild on the controll valves. I feel pretty confident about being able to do it now. Also there's spot of play in the steering. Going to address that at some point.

Again,also I saw a wide front end on Craigs list not real far away.

Again,Also filled it up with VP J20 from Tractor supply. 

Thanks everybody for all the help.

• Like 1