US made jeans

https://allamerican.org/lists/jeans/

Maybe this has been here before? Idk I know we were talking about where to find clothes made in the US a while back. This website came up when I did a search tonight. Looks like Round House and a couple others are the most reasonably priced from what checking I've done so far on their websites...

• Like 1

I have wore Levi 501's (button fly) since high school.

They have gotten stupid expensive and quality has gone down.

Would love to find a pair of American made but they all have a zipper.

Button flys and snap shirts, guess I'm in a rut😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sandhiller said:

Would love to find a pair of American made but they all have a zipper.

Button flys and snap shirts, guess I'm in a rut😄

Too many times getting your short hairs in the zipper, eh? 😂 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ihrondiesel said:

Too many times getting your short hairs in the zipper, eh? 😂 

That's just it.

I haven't run a zipper down there for a very long time.

My hand to eye coordination is less than when I was a younger man.

The odds of things going horribly wrong is, well, I don't want to be on the wrong end of a call to dispatch saying "man down, man down"

😩

😄

• Haha 5

I been wearing wranglers since high school. I believe they were the last major American made jeans. Even wore the same size from college until I learned to like my own cooking when I hit 40. Bigger size but still don’t fit like they used to. Might be tempted to try those round house. 

• Like 1

The company in Chicago,  can't recall the name was one of the better priced ones also. Tho none are what I would call cheap. But if they last may be worth it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Same here, I quit them last year. Last pair I bought was so thin you could read a paper through 'em; sorta reminded me of the slacks my wife wears to work! Not nearly as good as the 10 year old pairs that I use for working outside. Went to Wranglers; zipper took a bit of getting used to. Much better as far as quality however, so they might be worth a look. 

Mac

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MacAR said:

Same here, I quit them last year. Last pair I bought was so thin you could read a paper through 'em; sorta reminded me of the slacks my wife wears to work! Not nearly as good as the 10 year old pairs that I use for working outside. Went to Wranglers; zipper took a bit of getting used to. Much better as far as quality however, so they might be worth a look. 

Mac

They seem half wore out when bought new

Faded and such. 

I always bought them dark blue and stiff, liked to break them in and wear them out myself

Don't believe in paying someone else to do it for me. 

DIL saw a pair that I quit wearing because they let in too much sun light and said "they sell for over a hundred bucks in the pants store like that"

I gave her 5 pair and she was the 🎶 happiest girl in the whole USA🎶

Still a little skittish on a zipper "down there"🥺     😄

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

I always bought them dark blue and stiff, liked to break them in and wear them out myself

Same, you just can't buy any jeans like that anymore, at least around these parts. 

Mrs. Mac makes me cut mine up for shop rags when they start "letting in too much light", so they're not entirely wasted I guess. 

Mac

• Like 1

One web site said they could not find American denim. But that all the pieces were laser cut and sewn here. Think that was Atlas or something like that. They were not the cheapest nor the most expensive I saw.

I believe they were on sale right now for $59. Or were last night.

5 minutes ago, jeeper61 said:

I have been wearing Roundhouse for a while 

There are still seamstress who make clothing for people.

Most of the Mennonites I see wear clothes that look homemade.

Now finding denim made in USA. That's another issue...

8 hours ago, sandhiller said:

They seem half wore out when bought new

Faded and such. 

Don't believe in paying someone else to do it for me. 

DIL saw a pair that I quit wearing because they let in too much sun light and said "they sell for over a hundred bucks in the pants store like that"

I gave her 5 pair and she was the 🎶 happiest girl in the whole USA🎶

When bizarre turns into reality, might as well have some fun and profit, Jean trap, blasting them with a 12 guage, then an afternoon stooking, plumber knees could be another popular model

• Haha 1

Been wearing nothing but Wranglers for the last 12-15 years.  Buy them dark blue and wear them to church.  When they start to fade a little they turn into work jeans and I get a new pair for church.  My Mom will repair them a few times (my wife doesn’t sew 😥) then they get tossed or given to Mom to use for patches. Usually not a lot of blue left by then.  I should probably sell them on EBay, they’re probably worth double what I pay for a new pair (around $47 last time, at Bomgaars). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, acem said:

There are still seamstress who make clothing for people.

Most of the Mennonites I see wear clothes that look homemade.

Now finding denim made in USA. That's another issue...

Homemade?  That would be the Amish around here.  I can't think of a Mennonite (and I see quite a few) that wears homemade especially when it comes to work clothes.  It would be interesting to see how they look when they are at the meeting house Sunday morning.  No doubt more formal look but bought or homemade for clothing?

5 hours ago, yellowrosefarm said:

https://www.prisonblues.net/products

I ran across this looking around the web. Prices are right and definitely made in the usa 😀  

That’s definitely interesting. In their ‘about us’ it says they got a grant to start up and part of the grant was a study to determine if it would affect any local or regional businesses. Let’s see clothing made local, nope their good. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sandhiller said:

When they started selling pre-distressed jeans I did not look back. 6 months of strangulation and wedgies while the denim breaks in is not what I consider a good time.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

When they started selling pre-distressed jeans I did not look back. 6 months of strangulation and wedgies while the denim breaks in is not what I consider a good time.

Wife buys me the prewashed I think

They are pretty soft and don't shrink anymore.

I always thought the dark blue looked better for dress up occasions.

The last two pair she got were about as faded as a pair I'd been wearing a few months.

Faded is ok for everyday.

Guess it ain't worth the whine time, they cover up my snowy white legs that hasn't seen sun since the Carter years.

• Haha 3

Well I’ve never been much on overalls unless they are insulated but I wanted to try something from roundhouse and jeans in my size were back ordered a few months or more. This video sold me on getting something so overalls it is. 

• Like 1