Role call for who's going to RPRU in Grand Island

Pete1468

On 6/5/2023 at 8:21 AM, Pete1468 said:

I have n one request guys, introduce your selves.  I don't remember names that well.  I talk to so many at the show my little brain gets fried and I can't remember who you are.  I can remember dyno problems that people have called and talked to me about but the name of someone escapes me.   

Except for the tall lanky, grumpy guy from Pennsylvania.  I can spot his ankle bracelet from a long ways away.  I don't think they let him travel out of state anyway.  His electric golf cart needs a charge every 1/4 mile.

That’s a fact!!  I talked to @Pete1468 in Huron and two weeks later I was hauling gravel in his county, stopped to talk so he could tell me where to dump, he didn’t know me!  😥  What would @MTO say?  Hummph! I hate him!  LOL 😂

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, ihrondiesel said:

That’s a fact!!  I talked to @Pete1468 in Huron and two weeks later I was hauling gravel in his county, stopped to talk so he could tell me where to dump, he didn’t know me!  😥  What would @MTO say?  Hummph! I hate him!  LOL 😂

LOL that is funny.

I am bringing a message from Mark to deliver personally to Pete🤔😉😄

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

I probably could have easily recognized you if wouldn't have been wearing high heels while trucking.

• Haha 4

On 6/6/2023 at 7:06 AM, brewcrew said:

60 series combine in the yard.

A 60 series?

I wish I would have gotten in for the tour but I think the slots were full. Neat that they opened another 150 slots. I toured the plant in October 2017 so it hasn’t been too long ago for me.

• Like 1

Well as much as I wanted to , sorry I'm not going to make it. One to two weeks later and it would work. Maybe I should retire from farming and buy a damned old H and drag it around from show to show🤪              : Dis claimer: Not intended to offend the H owners.

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Rusty_Farmer said:

Well as much as I wanted to , sorry I'm not going to make it. One to two weeks later and it would work. Maybe I should retire from farming and buy a damned old H and drag it around from show to show🤪              : Dis claimer: Not intended to offend the H owners.

if I should find a vendor selling strawberry shortcake, I'll have an extra one for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cardinal farms said:

I'm not planning on going, I'm still in the field actually using my red equipment. These kind of shows are always held too early in the year.

Not trying to jab at you, but there is NEVER a perfect time for a show!   There will always be stuff to do.. either you make time or you don’t.  

• Like 2

On 6/5/2023 at 9:21 AM, Pete1468 said:

I have n one request guys, introduce your selves.  I don't remember names that well.  I talk to so many at the show my little brain gets fried and I can't remember who you are.  I can remember dyno problems that people have called and talked to me about but the name of someone escapes me.   

Except for the tall lanky, grumpy guy from Pennsylvania.  I can spot his ankle bracelet from a long ways away.  I don't think they let him travel out of state anyway.  His electric golf cart needs a charge every 1/4 mile.

Paging @MTO 

Taking the cool box ?

7 hours ago, nate said:

Not trying to jab at you, but there is NEVER a perfect time for a show!   There will always be stuff to do.. either you make time or you don’t.  

It's a good time for some but terrible timing for others . Depends on what you do at what part of the world. Best to just try and make it work out 

• Like 2

Beens I'm not taking the semi trailer I'll just take a much smaller red fan that'll still move allot of air.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beins this this the most current thread

Thought I would throw this up here for any steam locomotive enthusiasts

Big Boy 4014, largest still operational steam locomotive in the world is making a pass through Nebraska

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 5:18 AM, ny bill o said:

My brother Mike and I will be heading out Tuesday morning, driving 19 hours over 2 days. Hope to arrive in Grand Island late afternoon on Wednesday and get exhibits unloaded. Be there all 3 days.

we are leaving Monday to make driving less hectic. Wonder how far we will get before we start seeing other obvious RPRU travellers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandhiller said:

Beins this this the most current thread

Thought I would throw this up here for any steam locomotive enthusiasts

Big Boy 4014, largest still operational steam locomotive in the world is making a pass through Nebraska

https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm

30 years ago I saw a steam locomotive from home about a mile away.  We didn't know it was coming but wow was that neat.  The whistle and the sound was great.  Wish I could go see it.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 2:48 PM, IHhogfarmer said:

A 60 series?

I wish I would have gotten in for the tour but I think the slots were full. Neat that they opened another 150 slots. I toured the plant in October 2017 so it hasn’t been too long ago for me.

I think it was an 8260. I should have taken a picture but I’m always in a hurry when I’m driving semi. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete1468 said:

30 years ago I saw a steam locomotive from home about a mile away.  We didn't know it was coming but wow was that neat.  The whistle and the sound was great.  Wish I could go see it.

I wish the timing would have been better

I would have loved to seen it to

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 9:50 PM, Alan Dinan said:

We’re heading out Wednesday morning and staying somewhere north of KC, then finish the trip on Thursday. Should be there sometime Thursday afternoon. Staying until Saturday 

I’m about 30 miles north of KC right off of 169 Hwy. Wave if you come through that way. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, brewcrew said:

I think it was an 8260. I should have taken a picture but I’m always in a hurry when I’m driving semi. 

Hummm…… haven’t heard anything about a 60 series. Will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

Carol and I will be fying in to Grand Island on the 14th ! Flying out the19th.

Like other have said busy time of year but always is instead of Motor home travel we have to fly in order to save time to attend graduations and my Grandson's wedding.

At my age i have to push to make it all because i can feel the window closing body stamina wise ! lol lol lol  Dont have that many more years to push bucket list stuff out to ! lol lol 

Look forward to meeting all of that are going but like others my memory sometimes fail so please introduce yourselves

Tony

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dver said:

Pete, do you know where your booth will be?

I had heard on the west end but I wouldn't guarantee it.  I can post where it's at when I get there.  

I might make a sign that says MTO free zone.  Hehe, that'll make him grumble.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Red666 said:

If Mike doesn’t have a display at the show will there be a place for a meet and greet and photo like that n the past? I thought that was a great way to meet forum members just a thought.  

I believe the plan is to meet at @Pete1468's booth.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Carol and I will be fying in to Grand Island on the 14th ! Flying out the19th.

Like other have said busy time of year but always is instead of Motor home travel we have to fly in order to save time to attend graduations and my Grandson's wedding.

At my age i have to push to make it all because i can feel the window closing body stamina wise ! lol lol lol  Dont have that many more years to push bucket list stuff out to ! lol lol 

Look forward to meeting all of that are going but like others my memory sometimes fail so please introduce yourselves

Tony

Are you flying on American Airlines?