Role call for who's going to RPRU in Grand Island

Pete1468

12 minutes ago, 756puller said:

I'll be there, not sure when but I'm about 25 miles away.

Do you live next to the highway? Somewhere up in that area, there used to be a red puller on the west side of the highway. Might have been south of Columbus though? Haven’t seen it in a couple years, but I am not through there as much now. 

2 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Plan to be there all 3 days.  Pete, is it okay with you to have the forum meet and greet at your booth?

That's fine, probably won't be my semi trailer though.  I'll have a sign out for it though.

• Like 1

I have a 163 mile drive to the airport,  then fly out Wednesday from Edmonton Alberta to Minneapolis,  then onto Denver.  Once in Denver,  406 mile drive to Grand Island.  Middle of Nebraska is tough for me to get with where I’m flying from.  Driving would have been 1250 miles. 

Tried signing up for plant tour earlier this year but was full.  Got an email last week, that there is 150 openings for Wednesday/Thursday.  Had to reply follow up email the next has only had couple hours to reply.  Was able to get in as got confirmation next day.  Will be last plant tour off my list,  done the other 2 that are opens to the public in N/A.  

Not so much for heat,  glad most displays will be inside.  Even got into the Friday banquet.  Which isn’t so handy for me as they don’t take cc.  Had to get money order,  but bank would only make it out person.  So Doug helped me out.  Made to him & he has my ticket.  He is charge of Friday night meal.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pete1468 said:

That's fine, probably won't be my semi trailer though.  I'll have a sign out for it though.

Just look for the sign…..😎

AC855E77-816B-46B2-8C57-9EC5DDD33EFC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Just look for the sign…..😎

AC855E77-816B-46B2-8C57-9EC5DDD33EFC.jpeg

I don't know what kind of signs you're used to but I'm pretty sure I don't have anything to do with what she's selling out giving away.

• Haha 3

This guy , President /CEO /Dirt Boyz Proving Grounds , he is a big tall guy with some odd ball tractors 😳 

‘Danny 

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_20230311_135645615.jpeg

• Like 9

22 hours ago, ihman1468 said:

Was going but no guarantee on the combine plant tour. so not driving 750 miles.

They added to the combine plant tour.

I got my invite to to reapply for the two new tours on Wednesday and one on Thursday. 

Was accepted for 1:00 on Thursday and looking forward to it.

I went through the plant in 1990 and I think things may have changed, just a bit?

Thanks to Case/IH for adding another 150 slots.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Diesel Doctor said:

They added to the combine plant tour.

I got my invite to to reapply for the two new tours on Wednesday and one on Thursday. 

Was accepted for 1:00 on Thursday and looking forward to it.

I went through the plant in 1990 and I think things may have changed, just a bit?

Thanks to Case/IH for adding another 150 slots.

During that time they have added and removed new Holland combines! Lol

i picked a discbine up maybe a month ago and saw a 60 series combine in the yard. They were still shipping new 50 series, so I don’t know when they are switching over.

Not sure what time we will get there Friday, but i plan to poke around on Saturday morning, for a while. It would be nice to put some faces to some of these names,even though i won't remember them twp weeks from now.

Work schedule won’t allow me to make this one. Someone be sure take plenty of pictures for us. Please/thank you. 

Joking with Pete aside, when we have had forum meet ups at a booth over the years it is really nice to connect with folks you have talked to or recognize (names) from here. I would recommend if you are around the show when there is going to be a meet up to go and try it out. 

• Like 3

On 6/5/2023 at 4:18 AM, ny bill o said:

My brother Mike and I will be heading out Tuesday morning, driving 19 hours over 2 days. Hope to arrive in Grand Island late afternoon on Wednesday and get exhibits unloaded. Be there all 3 days.

If Triple R isn't having a display this year, forum members will have to get a new place to meet and greet. Suggestions?

You could go hang around that ugly silver regular they're gonna have there. its pretty easy to find........lol

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2023 at 4:18 AM, ny bill o said:

My brother Mike and I will be heading out Tuesday morning, driving 19 hours over 2 days. Hope to arrive in Grand Island late afternoon on Wednesday and get exhibits unloaded. Be there all 3 days.

If Triple R isn't having a display this year, forum members will have to get a new place to meet and greet. Suggestions?

You could go hang around that ugly silver regular they're gonna have there. its pretty easy to find........lol

South Dakota will be turning the M21 planter over to the National IH Trust, stop by for the ceremony.

Thursday at 10:00: M21 Planter Presentation to National Trust Heartland Events Center | Main Expo Floor

Coming down on Wednesday. Going to the combine plant tour first thing Thursday morning(hope I can find where the bus picks you up at). Gonna be there til Saturday afternoon.

I guess I've worked at my dealership too long anymore. When I filled out my vacation request, the first thing everyone said was, "there must be a Red tractor show going on then... that's the only time you request time off around here".

Got to tour the Steiger plant in March, hopefully Grand Island will be a little warmer.

20230306_094648.jpg

20230306_094646.jpg

• Like 5

Sdman you sound like my one coworker, him and his uncle farm 500 acres but he's gone perty much two months out of the year to do it. We always tell him just fill out a sheet with the days your gonna be here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Anybody heard from Tony? Is he coming?

I spoke with Danny on the phone last Tuesday and I believe Tony and his wife Carol are coming!

I will be heading to RPRU Thursday morning! Got a hotel room right by the grounds which is the same place we stay when we go for a livestock show. I am so excited for the show and to meet you all (or as many are coming)! Will be great to put names with faces. This will be my first ever RPRU!

• Like 4