The corn looks happy today

DT Fan

Got about 1.1" of rain last night/this morning. Was getting powerful dry here. Some corn only about 6" tall was starting to curl already. I didn't even see them sneak this into the forecast but will take it! Should germinate a bunch of beans sitting in dry dirt too.

In unrelated news; Went to Ankeny to pick up 5 gallons of gas for the H, boy, they don't give that stuff away!

Yup we needed the rain. Bad timing to have hay down on my part tho......🤦‍♂️ Fil said 2" when I talked to him a few min ago.

2 hours ago, DT Fan said:

VP 110 octane, was a bit more than you quoted. I will check into the av gas. Previous owner used Cam2 108. This was as close as I could get.

OK, why do you need that gas in an H? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

OK, why do you need that gas in an H? Just curious. 

Well, it’s rather high compression. It might run on something lower, I don’t know. Will have to experiment some. 

5 hours ago, New Englander said:

Avgas? Runs from $5.28 to $8.50 around here.

Pretty fortunate here 10 mile up the road over the border in NH I can buy 91 no alcohol gas at the Sunoco at the pump it’s still over 4$ a gallon now but convenient enough that I put in the old tractors just for the shelf life not the octane 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Got about 1.1" of rain last night/this morning

You got lucky! Up in my area we are burning up faster than I’ve ever seen before! Mowed lawn only 3 times this spring, and the lawn looks like the end of a hot dry August.  We have beans that won’t germinate, and the corn is at 2 leaf and turning that whitish blue from heat and dry! Last night and tonight both, can hear the thunder and smell the rain, but nothing happens! 

• Sad 3

13 to 1  maybe more