1066 workable puller

Just bought a 1066 black stripe want to make pulling tractor that I can still work lightly debating on weather to switch to an A pump or get the 13mm head and rotor for Ambac 100. I also have a 466 truck motor that I could build what are your thoughts on the best option. Reading on hear seems like switching to .093 line and 5 x .20 injectors will make some difference also.

I have already backed the fuel and droop screw out, turned the cam follower up any other ways to get more power out of the stock 414?

Here is a link to the rules on the class that I would pull.

http://dragonpulls.com/index.php/classes/12000-altered-farm/12000-af-rules/

I'd restore it as a Black Stripe from what I can see and find another to use as a pulling tractor. Just my opinion, of course. According to available serial number references that is the 360th production 1066 for 1976 but the serial tag appears to be on the bell housing instead of under the right side of the cab in front of the hydraulic filter. I'd be interested to see if the serial tag location exists on the casting under the cab.

That's what I plan on doing is restoring it the cab is pretty rough and needs to come off its rusted out on the back corner post and where the windows shut I don't want it to be a full on pulling tractor just some extra power to play with at some local pulls. I want to leave the 3 point and pto on it so it can be used some for light jobs.

• Sad 1

It's got ac❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I would fix that cab or put another on it if it were mine. But I like cabs and REALLY like ac. 😁

It also has the wider girth weight bracket that appeared in 1976 so you didn't need the bolster spacer blocks to permit easier weight installation and removal around the larger radiator casting of the 66 Series tractors. First time I ever saw that was on the new Blackstripe 1066 that was ordered and arrived here in March 1976. I presumed it was a factory installed option because it also had 6 weights with the new larger handle area. Those weights are still here but the tractor is long gone. She was a problem child and got traded for a 3788 in 1981.

Those rules would have you running up against 1000 hp tractors.  That’s not just fooling around.  The next trick is to make the rest of it live with that power.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, height said:

That tractor came off the line just 29 behind mine.  They could have been built on the same day.  That would make a great restoration project.

IMG_2989.jpeg

Where have you been hiding? That is one AWESOME  looking machine!!!

That looks like a straight stock farm tractor. 
I’ve always thought it would be way less work and money to buy one someone pulls already , if I could find it locally. 
what’d you think ?

don’t mean to side rail your post 

• Like 1

Made the first pull with it today friend of mine driving when I took the video sorry I wasn't paying more attention to the recording. That was high 2nd I thought it did really well for nothing but the fuel turned up on the original pump. And I want to keep it close to original and just play around farm stock so I can still work it it weighed 12,900 just hoe it sits.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dq3N3dPF2Gq5xVPR8

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Darrell Goode said:

What needs to be done to adjust the shift linkage it hardly goes into high and low shifts into reverse fine jumped out of gear twice yesterday when the ta was pulled back?

More than likely, the detents are worn & sloppy under the range transmission cover.  The cover needs removed, and new detent arms, springs, and rollers put in, may need new shift shafts put in the cover as well.

• Like 2