New life in Australia!

François02

11 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

good day mate.............thats what  my neighbor says to me that is australian, hes a great bloke, brother in the lord, and hard worker. Great shooter with his own range. He defected to america for quite a few reasons, another neighbor left there 25yrs ago. They got frustrated and hurt by the dealings in their country so left. I hope you enjoy your time there, learn much and make lots of memories. Kudos to you for living out many of our dreams. Thanks for sharing and Blessings to you!!!

A lesson in pronunciation -

9 hours ago, acem said:

Go to a bar, church or something. A straping young man with a European accent shouldn't have trouble getting womens attention.

Always remember what a wise friend told me years ago.

If you lower your standards you increase your odds!

I will go to a bar, and yes I heard too the european (and especially french) accent is good to catch women, good for me :D

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, François02 said:

I will go to a bar, and yes I heard too the european (and especially french) accent is good to catch women, good for me :D

...make sure you take some ''fly spray ''   Francois, when you go looking for   the ''bar'' girls.....some of them have 'crabs'' real bad......sort of spray and run....

Good luck !!!

Mike

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, mike newman said:

...make sure you take some ''fly spray ''   Francois, when you go looking for   the ''bar'' girls.....some of them have 'crabs'' real bad......sort of spray and run....

Good luck !!!

Mike

Mike - more legends!

If the ones about French women were true he'd have never left! (Francois - about here I need an emoji that says "tongue in cheek" but I can't find one.  Incidently courtesy of a middle name Francis and elementary French class I carried Francois as a nick name for quite a while)

• Haha 1

Did  You ship over your Farmall ? 

16 hours ago, François02 said:

I would love to do a trip in NZ when I will leave Oz, whereabout are you in NZ?

..just let me know when you are finished in Australia....if I am still above the grass....come on over !!!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, acem said:

I hope everything is going great for you down under!

I am surrounded by very nice peoples

Everyone is very nice with me here, even at the supermarket in town

But today I wasted time because I didn't understand the order. My english is good but sometimes it is hard for me to understand all the sentence

I hope it will improve quickly, now my english doesn't improve so much because I am already pretty good

• Like 1

7 hours ago, François02 said:

But today I wasted time because I didn't understand the order. My english is good but sometimes it is hard for me to understand all the sentence

I hope it will improve quickly, now my english doesn't improve so much because I am already pretty good

...yes  Francois....the Aussies are all ok   folk !!!

Mike

• Like 2

15 hours ago, François02 said:

i've never traveled out of the US, but even within country here, dialects are as hard as language sometimes.  i grew up very rural southern US and can revert to my thick dialect/accent pretty easily.  i was visiting some friends in San Jose and was shipping something home back in the 1980s.  i asked the UPS counter lady, and with very run-on quick speaking, "how long you reckon it'll be 'fore it git's there?"  she just looked at me... "what?"  i tried saying it louder (i hear that's a US stereotype thing)... "how long you reckon it'll be 'fore it git's there?"... blank stare... then i tried slower... "how... long... you... reckon... it'll... be... 'fore... it... git's... there?"  she said, "i hear 'long' in there, so you probably want to know when it'll arrive."  "yes!"  she said she liked southern accents, tho'... 

i usually revert to the old speaking when excited or upset, and then curse more than i should.  but, i'm getting better about not doing that as much with age.   as Dad used to say, not just everybody wants to hear all that.   :)

you seem to be having a great adventure, Francois.  Good for you.  i'd love to see where you are in person, and i'd take up Mike in NZ on the invitation.  mighty good people on this forum.  best one i've ever been on.   it's the only social media i'm on now.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It is really hard for some reasons, I was really good on my farm in France, really

Here I have to discover and learn from the beginning (farm, fields, machinery, ...)

+ the language

+ the time zone, I am 8hrs in the futur for my friends, and I am all alone at home

It is harder than I expected, but I will not give up and in 11 months I hope I will go in the US from Australia, before go back in Europe

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, François02 said:

It is really hard for some reasons, I was really good on my farm in France, really

Here I have to discover and learn from the beginning (farm, fields, machinery, ...)

+ the language

+ the time zone, I am 8hrs in the futur for my friends, and I am all alone at home

It is harder than I expected, but I will not give up and in 11 months I hope I will go in the US from Australia, before go back in Europe

Keep us updated frequently on progress.  We are all very interested in your adventure.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hello guys

I am still in Australia, I am going well. At the farm they are really glad of the job I do.

The harvest started the 6th of october to end on the 1st of november. Between those two dates we worked every day! We have this week-end off to take a rest! We deserve it, all the team worked well

My english is not improving so much, or at least this is my feeling. But it is not bad at all so it works so far!

I went to Sydney on september to buy a car, and I enjoyed take a day to discover a little bit of the city! Of course I have seen the Harbour bridge and the opera house, a dream for me!!!

With the winter time in europe and the summer time in australia I now am 10 hours in the futur for my friends...

I really enjoy being here but I miss my previous life. And I miss red tractors :lol: I have to admit those green tractors are not so bad, and the technology is better than a red.

I have a contact to see an harvest crew with axial flow this weekend but we had rain :( maybe next weekend!

You will find some pics of my adventure!

20230922_112532.jpg

20230922_145301.jpg

20230922_182622.jpg

• Like 11

and a few pics of harvest

My job was different almost everyday, I drove a truck on the private roads (a 1987 MACK :) ), work on the silos, ...It was really interesting. Harvest is not bad at all for us here, despite the drought!

in the farm we have two JD S780 with 12m (40ft) front, and 2 chaser bin (grain cart) finch with 2 JD 8R. A 3rd header (combine) from a contractor came for a few days

20231020_165501.jpg

20231019_104939.jpg

DJI_0168.JPG

• Like 6

8 hours ago, jass1660 said:

10 hours in the future…. Got the winning lottery numbers for us? Lol

I wish I could get them :lol:

compared to Chicago, i am 17hours in the futur...

8 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

thats great!!!! thanks for the pictures, glad you are doing well and getting a day off WOW, i dont think i could work like that anymore nor want to - enjoy your time, it goes fast

I don't have so much to do at home so being at work is not so bad!

6 hours ago, mike newman said:

...good to hear from you, Francois   !!!

..pleassed you are doing well.......but I bet the girls out there are just as dry as the land, looks ??!!

Mike

Girls are like the rain... rares :lol: