The vast empty North…

Mudfly

I have no clue if this chart is right or not.  But if so, sweet.  I live in that area.  Everyone else stay away.  It’s horrible here.  🤫

In fact there are a few more people I’d like to ship out if possible to try to get down to 1.5% or even 1%.

IMG_3597.thumb.jpeg.ea6aacb6ba00cbf03def1e54e21ff0ab.jpeg

Link here for you tube video if you want to see it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I proudly live within those boundaries. 

A bit of trivia

Cherry Co Nebraska (pop 5455) is larger than the State of Connecticut (pop 3.61 million).

A tick under 1 person per sq mile. 

• Like 1

I would love that population ratio, sadly for me, luckily for you all, i grew up here where we are always on the side of a mountain and one leg is about 6” longer than the other. Makes it very hard to stand on flat ground and even harder to find pants. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, sandhiller said:

I proudly live within those boundaries. 

A bit of trivia

Cherry Co Nebraska (pop 5455) is larger than the State of Connecticut (pop 3.61 million).

A tick under 1 person per sq mile. 

Not from your area but the devastation of maths -

In our area we have a Toyota dealer that advertises that they cover the largest dealer area in Oz.

Downside that rivals haven't leapt on is -

No matter how good their servicing is they have the lowest service coverage per square metre

• Haha 1

Growing up I always thought I lived in a relatively rural area. When I ran a harvest crew I found out otherwise. It really hit when I was in Montana, I think the population of the two biggest cities, Billings and Great Falls, was around 50-60,000. Population of our county was around 120,000. 
When harvest was over I thought about staying out there but I had to return for my first nephews baptism and never went back. I still think about it from time to time. but family is here. Plus familiarity with everything from the fields to feed mill to neighbors, I hate having to learn new things. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

i used to live there, i miss it a lot in some ways not so much in others - im not tough enough to live up there LOL

I was actually wondering if the 2% is from summer or winter months.  I think it would fluctuate from by a fair amount from season to season.  Sno-birds are a real thing.  My grand parents used to pull their travel trailer down to Quartzsite, Arizona for 3 to 4 months every winter.  Other grandparents went to stay with my aunt in Tucson in for 4-5 months every winter.

Even people that don't go full time for the winter usually take 1 or 2 weeks of vacation to get a break from the cold and get some natural vitamin D via the sun.

3 hours ago, 1256pickett said:

Growing up I always thought I lived in a relatively rural area. When I ran a harvest crew I found out otherwise. It really hit when I was in Montana, I think the population of the two biggest cities, Billings and Great Falls, was around 50-60,000. Population of our county was around 120,000. 
When harvest was over I thought about staying out there but I had to return for my first nephews baptism and never went back. I still think about it from time to time. but family is here. Plus familiarity with everything from the fields to feed mill to neighbors, I hate having to learn new things. 

North Central and North Eastern Montana (talking north of Hwy 2) are pretty empty.  Drive Hwy 2 sometime.  Northern North Dakota used to be about the same until the Bakken oil field hit around 2009.  Williston and Minot boomed at that time.

13 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I would love that population ratio, sadly for me, luckily for you all, i grew up here where we are always on the side of a mountain and one leg is about 6” longer than the other. Makes it very hard to stand on flat ground and even harder to find pants. 

I think you need to get out a little more.  I wouldn't call ID, western MT, western WY, or NW SD flat.  😄

• Haha 1

Back in the summer of 82 a college friend and I rode bicycles from Seattle to Minnesota following US 2. Traffic in Eastern MT and Western ND was minimal. At one point we ended up on a section under construction that was loose gravel. We sat in the shade of a power pole for quite a while until someone came along to give us a lift to the end of the gravel. 

• Like 1

Yes, being from central NoDak, I can tell you from personal experience that this is a terrible area. You wouldn't want to move here. Please, just stay where you are. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, midnightman said:

Funny, all the Canadians live in the south too.C0B933C0-F272-4184-8D73-125C08540075.png.902349e613dedcd076b5e657d11e9f94.png

I'm currently in the yellow but that purple is getting closer than I'd like

• Like 1

Ya, I'm currently in the green, on the very edge of the yellow and hoping to move there soon.  Too many changes around here for my liking. Property taxes are being hiked 12%, for one thing. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, IH Forever said:

I think you need to get out a little more.  I wouldn't call ID, western MT, western WY, or NW SD flat.  😄

Fair enough, i will load up tonight 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lotsaIHCs said:

Yes, being from central NoDak, I can tell you from personal experience that this is a terrible area. You wouldn't want to move here. Please, just stay where you are. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Northern South Dakota and southern North Dakota are absolutely miserable with skeeters, I can attest to. 

Just now, Lazy WP said:

Northern South Dakota and southern North Dakota are absolutely miserable with skeeters, I can attest to. 

Yes, this year is bad. But we usually don't get them as bad in our area as they do in the Red River Valley in eastern ND. The worst place in ND for skeeters, that I've ever been, was Wahpeton. South of Fargo.

Post some more pictures of the snow banks you had from this spring.  That should dissuade some more people from thinking about moving close by.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, midnightman said:

Funny, all the Canadians live in the south too.C0B933C0-F272-4184-8D73-125C08540075.png.902349e613dedcd076b5e657d11e9f94.png

I live North of 50% of Canadians and I’m in the lower 48 currently.  Lived in Anchorage for a few years too, so have lived north of 95%? Of Canadians.

5 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Post some more pictures of the snow banks you had from this spring.  That should dissuade some more people from thinking about moving close by.

Snow is finally gone. Now it's ticks and skeeters. Still wouldn't want to live anywhere else! This past winter was a rough one, but we made it through it. I guess we're so used to it that it's normal to us! Planting is in full swing. This is a neighbor's rig a few days ago.

20230518_180911.jpg

• Like 1

Snow is finally gone. Now it's ticks and skeeters. Still wouldn't want to live anywhere else! This past winter was a rough one, but we made it through it. I guess we're so used to it that it's normal to us! Planting is in full swing. This is a neighbor's rig a few days ago.

20230518_180911.jpg

Your neighbour has a grid farm on his land or is that besides you guys?