trying to find tires for my bc-182

When you see the prices on tires you will want to know FOR SURE, not what it "could have" before ordering.

Not finding much on a "BC182" on google. Mostly transistors. Lots on a BC180; apparently the 182 is a higher GVWR version. That's all I could find, one reference.

The BC180s I see appear to have 20" Dayton wheels on them with locking ring rims. Like R190 says, they're PROBABLY 8.25-20's if not 7.50-20's.

What bolt pattern is on this truck?   I have dealt with LOTS of those when we had the old grain trucks.

Chevy had the 10? bolt rims.  Ford had the 6 bolt.   As stated, everything from 7.50-20 to 10-20 were used.

If anybody is interested, I think I have a set of  (6) 22.5" rims that fit those Ford 6 bolt axles - allows you to use a modern 9-22.5 Lo-Pro tire on the old trucks.  (and not have split rims!)  Free tires on them!   Was going to put them on the old F600 - but I sold it first.

I still got a bunch of old 8.25 & 9.00-20 tires in the barn.  Sure wish somebody would come take them all.... but most are probably beyond.

Actually, I also have a --IIRC--6.00-18 or 600-20 - NEW old tire an old guy handed me once.  Probably was for an 40's truck?  Never been out of the shed in all those years!  So what do you do with that?

5 minutes ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

Actually, I also have a --IIRC--6.00-18 or 600-20 - NEW old tire an old guy handed me once.  Probably was for an 40's truck?  Never been out of the shed in all those years!  So what do you do with that?

Find a collector that wants a spare to hang on the truck 

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2023 at 1:41 PM, Jeff-C-IL said:

What bolt pattern is on this truck?   I have dealt with LOTS of those when we had the old grain trucks.

Chevy had the 10? bolt rims.  Ford had the 6 bolt.   As stated, everything from 7.50-20 to 10-20 were used.

If anybody is interested, I think I have a set of  (6) 22.5" rims that fit those Ford 6 bolt axles - allows you to use a modern 9-22.5 Lo-Pro tire on the old trucks.  (and not have split rims!)  Free tires on them!   Was going to put them on the old F600 - but I sold it first.

I still got a bunch of old 8.25 & 9.00-20 tires in the barn.  Sure wish somebody would come take them all.... but most are probably beyond.

how much are those 6 bolt rims? and are they 8.75 bolt pattern?

The online info I find says that those old Ford MD trucks used :

Lug Pattern - 6 x 8.75"

Pilot Hole - 6.5"

They are the same pattern used on old military trucks, I believe Isuzu used them as well.  Look similar to this - except in a 22.5" drop center rim (not split ring)

image.png.e66f3231b88bffb9e63cb5fb2a1a4206.png

Cost - driving to get them.    If you are interested I could go take some pics.

You need to know the width of the wheels. 10:00 will take a wider rim than a 9:00 although a 10:00 will fit on a rim for a 9:00 but not on a rim for an 8:25.

DWF

15 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

The online info I find says that those old Ford MD trucks used :

Lug Pattern - 6 x 8.75"

Pilot Hole - 6.5"

They are the same pattern used on old military trucks, I believe Isuzu used them as well.  Look similar to this - except in a 22.5" drop center rim (not split ring)

image.png.e66f3231b88bffb9e63cb5fb2a1a4206.png

Cost - driving to get them.    If you are interested I could go take some pics.

where are you located at since I'm nearer to spokane washington most of the time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...