2023 crop pics

Looked like spring here last night as well. Puddles everywhere and water running down the roads and through the yard. Woke up this morning and it looked like winter. Just a real slushy mess now. Hard to say how much we actually got but I'm guessing half inch of rain yesterday and 6-8 inches of snow today accumulated. Maybe a bit more. 30 miles north in the park there was all of 2 feet that fell. I guess it's winter now lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, db1486 said:

Looked like spring here last night as well. Puddles everywhere and water running down the roads and through the yard. Woke up this morning and it looked like winter. Just a real slushy mess now. Hard to say how much we actually got but I'm guessing half inch of rain yesterday and 6-8 inches of snow today accumulated. Maybe a bit more. 30 miles north in the park there was all of 2 feet that fell. I guess it's winter now lol

I liked this post but I must say I’m jealous at the same time lol.  I was thinking we had around 1/2” of rain bit I went for a drive today into Melfort to pick up some parts and groceries. Safe to say it was a lot more then that. There was actually water running in the ditches and a lot of the low spots had standing water in them like a downpour in June. Talked to the guys in Melfort at Thomas motors(Polaris dealer) and they had 1.5 inches there. Heard talk of a inch in other places. Not a flake of snow fell 😢.  Grid roads were actually dry and not even icy today. Highway was wet and when I came home I could tell it was starting to freeze. Could feel it was slippery under foot while driving. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wheatking said:

@poor farmer/logger   load up the sleds i see the trail is open near little bear lake, not much but its something, to far to to little of snow for me 

what snow we had turned to ice was in saskatoon last week and nothing for snow there 

Lol yea I saw the esker club posting on Facebook last night. It’s pretty marginal up there yet I think. That’s one of the spots we normally ride this time of the year though.  Always do a Christmas/New Years ride ride around there.  

Wr got about a inch of snow a couple nights ago. Things are kind of white but definitely not what I’d call a white Christmas yet either. 

Still wrenching on my old sled.  Keeps getting more torn apart as I go it seems. Have the whole front end torn apart now. Had née ball joints to put in but the stupid things got machined to small when they made them. Now I just pressed out the other ball joint and damaged the snap ring groove in the process. Priced out a new a arm from Yamaha and it’s 570 bucks 😢. Not sure what route I’ll go yet. I may end up ordering a aftermarket ipgrade kit that I’ve been looking at. 1000 bucks for that though.😢

Not alot of snow here yet, but could likely pick and choose and go for a decent ride. Although any time a flake of snow falls there's 50 km winds right with it

No time for riding yet though. Haven't even uncovered the sleds yet. Been busy drying grain. Probably be going on that till the end of the year. Still working on the 2023 crop haha

• Like 2

All the corn is in the bin here since two days ago about, some little plots are left standing because of the snow drifts but I reckon them Deer need Christmas too 

• Like 2