Death of the US Auto Maker?

jeeper61

7 hours ago, mike newman said:

...speaking of Ford  products...the Ford Ranger 4x4  Ute is outselling Toyota  in New Zealand... It has now been announced that the Ford Rangers' will be built in China

...How the mighty have fallen

At the Rainbow Station where I operate machinery..."my"" 4x4  work truck  was  a Chinese single cab ''Photon''....a total piece of excrement with a Chinese built   ""Cummins '' four cylinder common rail   diesel...It was provided for me because   Quote...""You won't wreck it"  I never tried to "wreck it "'   but the  Cummins   imploded   at 132, 000  K   around 70 thousand miles, whilst been driven back through the Station , after work...thus it is now in ""Rotten Row''....as spares 

I would need a Chinese built Ranger...as much as I would need another rectal orifice

Mike

Ah but Mike

Where there is a wall

There is a way

Hahaha

BJ

1 hour ago, 35desoto said:

Ah but Mike

Where there is a wall

There is a way

Hahaha

BJ

,,,sigh   ......

Mike

Post Script...actually , Brett...management insisted the '"Wall'' be parked up due to its capacity for burning petrol.......in the ''off highway'' situation.......

1 hour ago, jeeper61 said:

Better enjoy that gas powered super duty it might be your last

I doubt it honestly, I think we are in a fantasy world right now, I think these mandates are going to get walked back a lot once the real cost and logistical really starts to have a real effect on the right people. 
we may get there someday, but i don’t honestly believe we are there yet. 

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I doubt it honestly, I think we are in a fantasy world right now, I think these mandates are going to get walked back a lot once the real cost and logistical really starts to have a real effect on the right people. 

But how far must it implode before these people realize it is not feasible?

These people do not want to admit they are wrong and will continue to push this dead horse until the country is in a financial pile.

There has to be reality in the world and right now, there is NONE!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

But how far must it implode before these people realize it is not feasible?

These people do not want to admit they are wrong and will continue to push this dead horse until the country is in a financial pile.

There has to be reality in the world and right now, there is NONE!

The people pushing this are FAR removed from the consequences all these rules will bring.  

4 hours ago, vtfireman85 said:

I don't see anything walked back until well after the damage is done.  In my state of NY small communities are reducing 4 lane highways to 2 with the other 2 converted to bicycle lanes.  This really serves very few people who would not be riding from November until April most years.  Farmers who used to be able to move their wider equipment are now forced to divert by several miles to accomplish the same job.  There have already been traffic accidents most likely due to people being used to the old configuration now running into concrete work intended to insulate the bicycle lane.  US 20 runs thousands of miles so there is no chance everybody that uses it knows about the changes until they are on top of it.  As it is it slows down traffic greatly as people need to merge last minute.  I don't think that anybody in a position of power cares about the very arbitrary rules being put into place such as energy usage which will hurt many people and drive businesses out.  

• Like 1

The engine is only a small part of maintenance on an excavator, so while an electric motor may run for a long time without maintenance the rest of the machine, hydraulic pumps, motors, undercarriage etc., won't change. The modern excavator is pretty quiet but and electric will be more so and the battery weight is a plus, not a negative. The question of how to charge it remains and will likely be a diesel generator so net loss. I don't understand it.

1 minute ago, 766 Man said:

bicycle lane.

OMG they get me pissed. There's never a bike in one around me and the effect on auto traffic is downright dangerous. Totally unusable for a good part of the year and it's created another entitled class. More woke BS.

• Like 1

Electric construction equipment has to be the stupidest idea ever conceived. Power the machines with the infrastructure that doesn’t yet exist that they are on site to build. The same can be said for farm machinery. I guess we will have to run miles and miles of power lines and set a meter in every field so we can have a 50 amp receptacle. I remember when stupidity was thought to be caused by a lack of access to information. Just remember the diesel engine is dead. 

5 minutes ago, New Englander said:

OMG they get me pissed. There's never a bike in one around me and the effect on auto traffic is downright dangerous. Totally unusable for a good part of the year and it's created another entitled class. More woke BS.

The thing that really ****** me off locally is there was enough space through side walks to accomplish a bike lane and still have room for foot traffic.  In all the years there was a side walk 90 percent of the time I never saw anybody use it.  I did not see the need for a side walk on both sides of the highway for the foot traffic which was there.  This was nothing but a slap by the "informed" class against what they consider "working class rubes."

23 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

Electric construction equipment has to be the stupidest idea ever conceived. Power the machines with the infrastructure that doesn’t yet exist that they are on site to build. The same can be said for farm machinery. I guess we will have to run miles and miles of power lines and set a meter in every field so we can have a 50 amp receptacle. I remember when stupidity was thought to be caused by a lack of access to information. Just remember the diesel engine is dead. 

The diesel engine will be dead within the next ten years.  Just dry up sources of fuel and critical service parts such as filters.  Not something I favor in the least but acknowledging how easy it will be for opponents of the diesel engine.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dirt_Floor_Poor said:

I remember when stupidity was thought to be caused by a lack of access to information.

Yes and now they don't like the information so they bend the information to fit their ideal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 766 Man said:
1 hour ago, New Englander said:

The thing that really ****** me off locally is there was enough space through side walks to accomplish a bike lane and still have room for foot traffic.  In all the years there was a side walk 90 percent of the time I never saw anybody use it.  I did not see the need for a side walk on both sides of the highway for the foot traffic which was there.  This was nothing but a slap by the "informed" class against what they consider "working class rubes."

They want to covert the traffic lanes to bike lanes this snarls traffic and they hope that makes us use a bike  

What's going to happen is one of the bikers will be hit and the EMTs will be tied up in traffic 

it's pretty evident that some of the sates don't want to expanded any of the roads and they do a poor job of maintaining what they have.

On 5/6/2023 at 7:56 AM, MTB98 said:

l

Ford has split into three divisions- Ford Blue, Ford Pro and Ford E. 

Brilliant foresight IMHO

when Ford goes begging for money from our governments they will have proof the heavy hand of gooberment caused their financial hardship recorded well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hillman said:

Brilliant foresight IMHO

when Ford goes begging for money from our governments they will have proof the heavy hand of gooberment caused their financial hardship recorded well

The goobermint will not care in the least.  Let them ride bikes and use garden hoes.  Trucks and tractors are the work of the devil in their minds.  

1 hour ago, jeeper61 said:

They want to covert the traffic lanes to bike lanes this snarls traffic and they hope that makes us use a bike  

What's going to happen is one of the bikers will be hit and the EMTs will be tied up in traffic 

it's pretty evident that some of the sates don't want to expanded any of the roads and they do a poor job of maintaining what they have.

No new roads are getting built other than what leads into new housing developments.  Some roads could stand additional lanes just for the safety of all who use them but that is not going to happen.  I was told just to add a lane in terms of a highway off ramp costs more than a million dollars per mile.

On 5/6/2023 at 7:46 AM, iowaboy1965 said:

They better wake up before it's too late, all of them. But I'm afraid they are all managed by woke folk.

I hink you will like this video. its funny yet factual

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hillman said:

I hink you will like this video. its funny yet factual

Funny as heck and all true!!!!!!!

• Like 1