Anybody widen out an 826 to 120"

JaredT

16 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

So what is the reason vs just 60"?

The turning radius is the same right?

Drybeans and soybeans at 20", corn at 30".  Sprayer is fixed axle at 120", narrowing it up wont work for folding.  We have drybeans this year that are crotch high, never seen that before, want to be centered perfectly down the rows to not damage them, they are quite a delicate crop.  We also spray wheat and don't want to leave two sets of tracks in wheat.  Also was extremely impressed with how stable the booms are at 90 spaced at 120" compared to 60' at 60". I knew there would be improvement, didn't expect that much of a difference.  The added benefit of sprayer upgrade is the coverage in less time. With 60', I was about a 1:15 per acre. With 90' I am about 50 seconds per acre. With most spraying being done during my workday, time is money. Covering 100 acres a day, I can shave off an hour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaredT said:

Drybeans and soybeans at 20", corn at 30".  Sprayer is fixed axle at 120", narrowing it up wont work for folding.  We have drybeans this year that are crotch high, never seen that before, want to be centered perfectly down the rows to not damage them, they are quite a delicate crop.  We also spray wheat and don't want to leave two sets of tracks in wheat.  Also was extremely impressed with how stable the booms are at 90 spaced at 120" compared to 60' at 60". I knew there would be improvement, didn't expect that much of a difference.  The added benefit of sprayer upgrade is the coverage in less time. With 60', I was about a 1:15 per acre. With 90' I am about 50 seconds per acre. With most spraying being done during my workday, time is money. Covering 100 acres a day, I can shave off an hour. 

I like your setup and what you say about boom lean is true. Guys used to set 4wd jd 30 series up with narrow tires and wide for spraying but most went to self propelled.

I have an 826 and never dreamed something like this could be done to it. I was most interested to read yours has 18K hours on it. Mine is scratching at 9K. Kinda loosy goosey but still works well. Engine has never been apart on mine.