$32,000

nomorejohndeere

32 minutes ago, hillman said:

I have been hearing about this correction as long as I can remember ( in the 60s)) its not going to happen. due to population growth and foreign investment

Foreign investment and the banks forcing some to find money outside their clutches.  But we live in a world where anything can happen and mandated artificial food could force a harsh correction.  People 35 years of age and younger seem to have no issue from uncoupling from traditional means of living.  Lots of bike right of ways being mandated in many towns and cities around here to the chagrin of vehicle operators.  Just saw an accident this morning that I thinks was due to someone being unaware of such a change until they went through where the vehicle lane USED to be.  

9 minutes ago, hillman said:

I have been hearing about this correction as long as I can remember ( in the 60s)) its not going to happen. due to population growth and foreign investment

There'll be up and downs but long term inflation keeps trucking right along, we're going to get too far off into the political weeds soon.....

As for that 2+2, I think 32K is high, but in relation to everything else it's probably a steal. 150HP, 4x4, no computer. If you can wrench on it and find parts, it'll be a very cheap return on investment IF it's put to work.

As far as using it as a place to park money, I don't know, risky to me. Their getting hot for collecting,  but in 30 years the ones in collections will be getting sold by money hungry kids, and no one will want them by then.

49 minutes ago, hillman said:

Well there was a correction in the 80s, I think most guys here remember that. And in my opinion there will be another. 15-20000 land isn’t something I see long term. Will it go back to 3-5 an acre? No I doubt it but I can see it going back to the 8 to 10 range. Again just my thoughts 

46 minutes ago, Cummings1486 said:

Well there was a correction in the 80s, I think most guys here remember that. And in my opinion there will be another. 15-20000 land isn’t something I see long term. Will it go back to 3-5 an acre? No I doubt it but I can see it going back to the 8 to 10 range. Again just my thoughts 

The correction will be a total collapse of the economy. 
Dairy cows in the 80’s= $750. Dairy cows today=$2000+. Factor in inflation/ interest at 20% 

1980 dollars means you bought cows for $900 plus minus 750x20%

Today’s price of $2000x20%
Now you’re paying $2400 plus minus$2000x20%. 
Inflation is real money that HAS to be spent to get the same goods. 
When dairy farmers milk prices rise, ALL their inputs rise. When they fall, inputs rarely go down. 
We aren’t in the 80’s economy anymore. We as a country didn’t have a massive debt crisis owing China TRILLIONS of dollars with NO source of income to pay it back. The only course of action is to raise inflation and interest and hope nobody notices or declare bankruptcy as a nation. Look at the country’s that are decoupling their economy from the dollar. We ain’t the world’s currency anymore… 

2 hours ago, Cummings1486 said:

I remember it and the b Fireman stated it nicely, there will be ups and downs. What effect does the 80s have on todays' values.....none 

if farm land drops by 50% so does EVERYTHING . thats scary. it would be nice to see it slowdown but not decrease in value IMHO.

4 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

....basically anything pre 1960, most people have no use for them and prices reflect that.   

I agree 1,000% ....... and..... as noted all Farmall and International 450 and 650 tractors were produced before 1960 so I will accept anyone's unwanted ones of these models . I can allow them to be shipped for to me and won't even charge my unloading time ...... 😁😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

$2 corn and $6 beans will slow a lot down! The way MN is going to get taxed to death in the near future, all it will take is low commodity prices, high land rentals rates, expensive equipment, and game over for many!!
My property taxes just about doubled for 2024, and my place is nothing to brag about!! $3077 for 2023, and not far from $5800 for 2024. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, brahamfireman said:

As for that 2+2, I think 32K is high, but in relation to everything else it's probably a steal. 150HP, 4x4, no computer. If you can wrench on it and find parts, it'll be a very cheap return on investment IF it's put to work.

I agree with this statement totally. If a guy was looking for a four wheel drive, 150-200 hp tractor to work with that he could still work on that tractor would still be a good deal compared to everything else in that range. Everyone who has ever been around a 2+2 knows that they will out pull everything else in that range, even tractors with more power.

When I worked at the farm they were short a tractor one spring. My boss said that he was looking for another 200hp mfwd but just couldn't justify it because it would otherwise sit the rest of the year. They had a 3588 that had dropped a valve a few years prior that was just sitting. I had asked numerous times about fixing it but they were never sure that they wanted to stick the Money into it or we were too busy with other projects.

Finally I was able to convince them to overhaul that engine so that winter I pulled the engine out and with the help of our local engine shop did a complete overhaul, when I did its initial run on the dyno it was pushing 186hp. The last couple springs I was there that tractor filled the holes in the line up nicely. Pulled the cultimulcher with no problem, hook it to the small, 28foot, disk to touch up wet spots and small fields and it pulled it with no problem. The best thing was no more switching tractors, we could leave it hooked and ready to go, if someone had a couple hours they could just climb in and go. All for the cost of an engine which if I remember the final total was around $8000 and that included going through the fuel pump

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

$2 corn and $6 beans will slow a lot down! The way MN is going to get taxed to death in the near future, all it will take is low commodity prices, high land rentals rates, expensive equipment, and game over for many!!
My property taxes just about doubled for 2024, and my place is nothing to brag about!! $3077 for 2023, and not far from $5800 for 2024. 

The exit strategy is getting looked at harder and harder every day in this state......

I have a idea where a lot of solar farms are going to go if things continue the way they are going in your state 😔

18 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

The exit strategy is getting looked at harder and harder every day in this state......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

I have a idea where a lot of solar farms are going to go if things continue the way they are going in your state 😔

Already started!! I know of a few 100 plus acre solar farms east of me! My cousin and her family actually moved when they heard about the plans of the big one going in by them, they got out before it started being built!