5288 Front Rims, Square Axle

FarmerFixEmUp

Did the square front axles use different rims than a round axle on a 5288? Mine has different style rims than most I've seen. Most appear to be the same as a 1086/66. Previous owner said they put some on from a 7110 or 7120 to get the tires in closer for cultivating.   It has 11.00 x 16 tires. 10 inch wide rims.  I believe I have a bent rim since it wobbles somewhat. Can't find different part numbers in the parts sites for square or round tube. .

Saw a 2294 Case at a dealer last week and my rims look almost identical to those. 

KIMG2270.thumb.JPG.842cff8b2aeea8583375996bb9ff0190.JPG

• Like 1

Square front appears the same as 2 wheel Magnum as noted . Knees out are swappable I think 

11 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Previous owner said they put some on from a 7110 or 7120 to get the tires in closer for cultivating. 

Saw a 2294 Case at a dealer last week and my rims look almost identical to those.

They look like Case rims to me. A Magnum would have Case rims.

Probably not really case, but from a different supplier than IH used for front rims. Someone who worked in the supply chain at FARMALL would probably know where the rims IH used came from.

From what I've found the Case 2294 part number is A61570 and for a 7110 Magnum it's 1270630C1. But they don't say the width of the rim just says for 11.00x 16 tire. 

This tractor spends most of it's time on the planter and has been on the 183 cultivator. Wouldn't want any wider tires for sure. My 5488 has 16L x 16.1's. That's not a row crop tractor! image.thumb.jpeg.797388c9bb076d426677878e992bce20.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

In my observation,  the round axle 88 series use the same rims as 86 series.  Square axle 88, 90 and 94 series Case and boxcar Magnum are interchangeable. 

I'm pretty sure you can add to that list the MX Maxxum 2wd and the MXM (but NOT the NH equivalent TM!) 2wd.