Appreciate your prayers

nepoweshiekfarmalls

Hello, everyone.   My Mother had been feeling poorly the last week or so.  She been in the emergency room and given an IV for fluids and antibiotics for a suspected infection.   Her condition worsened and she fell down early this morning going to the bathroom.   Was taken by ambulance to Des Moines this afternoon.   Scans revealed a pollup on her colon. (Diverticulitis).  She was given antibiotics, saline and potassium by IV.  Resting tonight.   Tomorrow, they will drain the infection in a mild surgical procedure and install a drain to eliminate the rest. Then a couple days of antibiotics and observation.  Now, Mom has not been a patient in the hospital since she was a child.   She was scared and needed a lot of reassurance that she was okay before Dad and I left tonight.  She is in good hands tonight and her prognosis is  for a quick recovery.  But, whenever a parent in their 70's requires surgery and hospitalization,  you get nervous. So, we appreciate your prayers and thoughts.  I will keep you posted.  Thanks!   

Here are my parents last month celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. 

20230402_153657.thumb.jpg.504e3272e0327c701d6ce2e97f98a2d6.jpg

• Like 15

Prayers for comfort, easing of apprehension and hoping your mother is able to get a restful nights sleep.

Also congratulations to them both on celebrating their golden wedding anniversary. 

• Like 1

Prayers for your mom 

More prayers headed out!  I know what you mean with having elderly parents. My Mom is 94 and was in the hospital a few weeks ago with some kind of infection. ( She is OK) But when my Sister called in the middle of the day I feared the worst, but it was just a car question. Whew....!

Her surgery was late this afternoon.  Went well. Surgeons were pleased.  Her color looks way better tonight.  She was excited for her first meal in 24 hours this evening (even if it was restricted to liquids)!  Now, she regains her strength as the drain tube and antibiotics do their jobs.  May be Friday before she will be discharged from the hospital.  Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 2