New Loadstar

Big Bud guy

7 hours ago, Binderoid said:

Boy the 446 isn’t as bad as I thought it was. 45 miles loaded, 45 miles empty on 25 gallons... still have enough left on the bottom when I got home to go find a gas station.

I had both 404 and 446,the old 446 was and is a good gas engine. I would get 8 mile to gallon empty or loaded most times unless it was all up hill.I doubt but don't know if a diesel would be any better. 

14 hours ago, dale560 said:

Do any of you guys know if the Sundance continued on into the S Series? I thought they had a special package also

The Sundance was carried over to the S series. My uncle's dealership sold a S-1754 to the late Gaylord Perry. (baseball pitcher) It was a 9 liter 5 spd 2 speed. 2 tone brown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eason said:

The Sundance was carried over to the S series. My uncle's dealership sold a S-1754 to the late Gaylord Perry. (baseball pitcher) It was a 9 liter 5 spd 2 speed. 2 tone brown.

There was a single axle S series the same color around here for many years. A family member of the local IH dealer had it. I always thought it was a Sundance truck also. 

3 hours ago, Eason said:

I hope that truck drove straighter and more predictably than many of Gaylord Perry's pitches.  I always enjoyed watching him throw a baseball...doctored or not.

• Like 1

8AC626EB-974E-4DBF-B83B-EB3FAAE6D144.jpeg

Decided to bump this up just to show I didn't buy this just for a collector to park in the shed forever.  This time of year when cleaning seed and seeding we need about 20 trucks.  Using it for transferring clean seed from the cleaner to our hopper bins.  When its all said it done it would have hauled about 5,000 bu of wheat seed.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Big Bud guy said:

8AC626EB-974E-4DBF-B83B-EB3FAAE6D144.jpeg

Decided to bump this up just to show I didn't buy this just for a collector to park in the shed forever.  This time of year when cleaning seed and seeding we need about 20 trucks.  Using it for transferring clean seed from the cleaner to our hopper bins.  When its all said it done it would have hauled about 5,000 bu of wheat seed.  

What kind of grain cleaner is that. I know a lot of bigger midsize guys are finding their own cleaners for soybeans and such. Years ago everyone had a fanning mill set up in the granary and gunny sacks full of seed 

Great looking truck! Make sure to get a picture of it and the 715 if the opportunity arises in the fall!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dale560 said:

What kind of grain cleaner is that. I know a lot of bigger midsize guys are finding their own cleaners for soybeans and such. Years ago everyone had a fanning mill set up in the granary and gunny sacks full of seed 

It is a Almaz.  https://agrotech-almaz.com/index.php

That is a well preserved Loadstar. I'm a bit envious of that extra hundred cubic inches under the hood. My 71 is not too bad on gas but short on horsepower when hauling over 300 bushels on anything more than level ground. 120,000 plus miles and still looking good. Its a Farm and Ranch II version. 

IMG_4599[1].JPG

• Like 7

3 hours ago, dale560 said:

2nd video is using it for the first time cleaning lentils.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Loadstar said:

That is a well preserved Loadstar. I'm a bit envious of that extra hundred cubic inches under the hood. My 71 is not too bad on gas but short on horsepower when hauling over 300 bushels on anything more than level ground. 120,000 plus miles and still looking good. Its a Farm and Ranch II version. 

I like the way yours is painted.  We have a 1965 1600 Loadstar that is all red.  It was bought new by grandpa,  

• Like 1

Are those Sakundiak augers? I've got a little 8" here that my brother drug down from Wolf Point. I converted it to hydraulic and tow it behind gravity wagons to tend seed.

I don't think very many made it this far south. Actually I doubt many made it south of I-94.

3 hours ago, ZG6E said:

Are those Sakundiak augers? I've got a little 8" here that my brother drug down from Wolf Point. I converted it to hydraulic and tow it behind gravity wagons to tend seed.

I don't think very many made it this far south. Actually I doubt many made it south of I-94.

Yes they are. Two 7” and two 8”.  They are all worn out too plus one was hooked by the bale wagon and had a nice bow in it.  My goal is to have new augers at the end of the year.  We used to buy these up in Canada just across the border.  Plus our JD at the time was a dealer for them.  I googled them up and they have disappeared.  However, Meridian augers looked identical to sakundiak augers so maybe that’s what they turned into. 

Yes they are. Two 7” and two 8”.  They are all worn out too plus one was hooked by the bale wagon and had a nice bow in it.  My goal is to have new augers at the end of the year.  We used to buy these up in Canada just across the border.  Plus our JD at the time was a dealer for them.  I googled them up and they have disappeared.  However, Meridian augers looked identical to sakundiak augers so maybe that’s what they turned into. 

Yes I think meridian bought them out. We used to see sakundiak now they are farm king.

• Like 1

Yes I believe Sakundiak has become Meridian. I sure need one. My old 70s vintage Sakundiak is about ready to break in half as the pipe is wearing through. Taped over one hole already. 

13 hours ago, Big Bud guy said:

2nd video is using it for the first time cleaning lentils.  

Looks like does a decent enough job. We been looking at some of these different style cleaners but haven't made the jump yet. What kind of capacity can you do with wheat for seed?

11 minutes ago, Loadstar said:

Yes I believe Sakundiak has become Meridian. I sure need one. My old 70s vintage Sakundiak is about ready to break in half as the pipe is wearing through. Taped over one hole already. 

Right now is not the time to be buying an auger it seems lol. We've been looking for a 30ish foot 8 inch here for loading out of the bins and wow are they ever in hot demand. I'm not sure what a new one is worth but I'm sure alot of these augers are bringing almost new price

11 minutes ago, db1486 said:

Looks like does a decent enough job. We been looking at some of these different style cleaners but haven't made the jump yet. What kind of capacity can you do with wheat for seed?

They advertise up to 30T an hour for our model.  I’d say we are closer to 1,000 bu/hr. 

• Thanks 1