Messick's parts lookup

ny bill o

Anyone notice the recent change in how Messick's parts lookup works? I don't know if it is now the CIH system, but it sure is a PITA to use.

• Like 1

Yes, I just tried it yesterday,  I finally gave up. I was just looking for the rubber covers for the hydraulic remotes for a 7140. What a mess.

2 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

What do you mean? First thing it asks me is what model?

image.thumb.png.8a2555b3141945fe49fda06b4cc498e5.png

When I pull it up it automatically remembers the last model I looked up.

Screenshot_20230410_144605_Chrome.thumb.jpg.68650db42221d4e965f20d88ee538080.jpg

In this case it was a 1200 planter. Then if I punch in a part number off something on the shelf to see what it fits it only searches the planter book and will tell me there's no results.  Or if I type 8920 in that search box the way it is now it takes me into the planter book and then I have to start over for the 8920 book.    I did just learn now that if I hit the X next the the search button that it clears the 1200 planter selection and will let me search everything. 

The memorized equipment list is handy when I remember to change it before I search a number. 

The more I use it the better I get along with it. The first times I was looking for the old one back.      Still my favorite place to look up parts I think. 

On 4/10/2023 at 8:45 AM, messickfarmequ said:

Hey all. We keep tweaking things trying to make it easier, maybe we missed the mark on that for some of you. Is it possible to elaborate and get more specific with the area's your having problems so we can work on them?

On 4/10/2023 at 2:54 PM, Super A_sepa said:

When I pull it up it automatically remembers the last model I looked up.

The memorized equipment list is handy when I remember to change it before I search a number

The more I use it the better I get along with it. The first times I was looking for the old one back.      Still my favorite place to look up parts I think. 

This was some of my problem with the lookup. I had been looking up fast hitch part #s for a Super C, then put in a # from an 8312 disc mower but didn't delete my previous search for the Super C, so the 8312 number said it didn't exist, when I had the part in my hand. So probably adjusting my thinking to how the new system works (and remembering it later) is my issue.

I think everyone is having this kind of issue. I was looking for an injector unit for a Detroit diesel, searched the part number on agparts website, no results, googled the part number, and agparts came up with it in stock, along with multiple other vendors 🤔🤔

Mark