Jump to content

New Cub Shop


Mr. Plow

Recommended Posts

It's an extra chunk pf pex.  If it leaks I'll abandon it and run new line along the top of the wall.  No joints above ceiling, just pex.

It's one of those, "what am I out" additions 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

982 got some service work this am in preparation for my wife's fall party Saturday and the traditional hay rides.

First tractor work in new shop!

20231103_085941.jpg

20231103_085927.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/3/2023 at 10:03 AM, Mr. Plow said:

982 got some service work this am in preparation for my wife's fall party Saturday and the traditional hay rides.

First tractor work in new shop!

20231103_085941.jpg

20231103_085927.jpg

Looks great Steve!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ceiling insulated........R45-50 with fiberglass blown in fiber.  Son came home to help feed machine.

That finishes all major construction!

And planted a redpoint maple tree....

20231111_130209.jpg

20231111_110957.jpg

20231111_110951.jpg

20231111_110944.jpg

20231109_164737.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mr. Plow said:

Ceiling insulated........R45-50 with fiberglass blown in fiber.  Son came home to help feed machine.

That finishes all major construction!

And planted a redpoint maple tree....

20231111_130209.jpg

20231111_110957.jpg

20231111_110951.jpg

20231111_110944.jpg

20231109_164737.jpg

Nice job Steve.  Gee, wish I could get my son to come home to help me with jobs, not even the dirty one you were able to get help on.... lucky SOB! lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, Mountain Heritage said:

Nice job Steve.  Gee, wish I could get my son to come home to help me with jobs, not even the dirty one you were able to get help on.... lucky SOB! lol

Thanks.........In all fairness, I have to go down to his place next weekend and help him do some basement sealing/insulating....but, you are right, he did me a nice favor coming up to help, and he did a great job on the blower hopper.....he didn't make a huge mess and always kept me in insulation......I was very appreciative of his help.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Grease gun storage annoyed me, and didn't feel like $45 for a purchased rack, so I came up with this from some extra PVC fittings.   Hope it catches all the drips and keeps things clean. 

20231216_153506.jpg

20231216_153512.jpg

20231216_153518.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished my layout/welding table today...except for paint.

2ea Harbor Freight Titanium welding tables combined on a rolling frame with extra stiffening to support a removable vice and keep the table layout holes aligned.  Casters are salvaged off the roll cart I used for the workbench. 

Vice isn't for beating or heavy bending, more for clamping pieces to weld.  Also added 120v power for grinders and porta band.

Tables are a solid deal and come with a bunch of layout fixtures and clamps.

It's no $10k fixtures table, but for my projects, it will work great.

 

20231222_174656.jpg

20231222_174638.jpg

20231222_150217.jpg

20231021_215620.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to seeing the 'things' that get built on that table!

I have a big heavy table Dad drug home from Parson's when they closed down. Someday I hope to get a mag-drill and drill/tap a grid of holes in it for clamping things for the welding process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...