Interesting little power unit

lotsaIHCs

4 minutes ago, mmi said:

cant quite see from angle continental y-69.... or....not 120 ish combine unit

If you click the link there's a pic of the serial number and you are right. It says Y69.

Well well well, here is a funny crossover that is completely useless information, you were talking records yesterday, my very first record around '60 was a 45 called "continental with me baby" whoda thunk that something so useless could come up on a tractor site.

11 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Well well well, here is a funny crossover that is completely useless information, you were talking records yesterday, my very first record around '60 was a 45 called "continental with me baby" whoda thunk that something so useless could come up on a tractor site.

Yeah...I think the endless NoDak winter is getting to me a bit. Finding any topic to discuss to get my mind off of this perfectly crummy weather!😬

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lotsaIHCs said:

Yeah...I think the endless NoDak winter is getting to me a bit. Finding any topic to discuss to get my mind off of this perfectly crummy weather!😬

Hang in there kid? We should see Spring in a month or so?

9 hours ago, mmi said:

cant quite see from angle continental y-69.... or....not 120 ish combine unit

I think we had one of those on a #62 combine at one time.  Cute little rascal.

17 hours ago, lotsaIHCs said:

Where abouts are you? We tripped across there some years ago, went to valley city city hall of records looking up moms GG grandfathers farm land and house, they got the land free in the '70s sorta like the cherokee strip land run in the '90s.

She visited there twice as a widdle kid and lost all contact but on a whim we started looking through the books and just about ready to give up bingo saw the land transfer in the '60s, got the addy and drove the 30 miles to the house and knocked on the door, after a bit of wdf they warmed to the story and gave us a tour, really put a smile on her face then we grabbed a sixo and headed to bismarck, we also stayed in medora for a while, history is my middle name I didnt like horace. Haha.

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

Where abouts are you? We tripped across there some years ago, went to valley city city hall of records looking up moms GG grandfathers farm land and house, they got the land free in the '70s sorta like the cherokee strip land run in the '90s.

She visited there twice as a widdle kid and lost all contact but on a whim we started looking through the books and just about ready to give up bingo saw the land transfer in the '60s, got the addy and drove the 30 miles to the house and knocked on the door, after a bit of wdf they warmed to the story and gave us a tour, really put a smile on her face then we grabbed a sixo and headed to bismarck, we also stayed in medora for a while, history is my middle name I didnt like horace. Haha.

We're about 30-40 miles northeast of Bismarck. We live on the place homesteaded by my great grandparents when they came over from Sweden in the 1890s.

1 hour ago, lotsaIHCs said:

We're about 30-40 miles northeast of Bismarck. We live on the place homesteaded by my great grandparents when they came over from Sweden in the 1890s.

Thats where moms GGG's came from in the '70s.

19 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Thats where moms GGG's came from in the '70s.

1870's or 1970's? My grandfather settled near Ada, Mn, in the Red River Valley with his parents who were immigrants from England. They were supposedly on their way to settle in Saskatchewan, but Great Grandfather got sick in Minnesota and stayed there. This was somewhere around 1910. It's interesting to hear these stories.

DWF

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DWF said:

1870's or 1970's? My grandfather settled near Ada, Mn, in the Red River Valley with his parents who were immigrants from England. They were supposedly on their way to settle in Saskatchewan, but Great Grandfather got sick in Minnesota and stayed there. This was somewhere around 1910. It's interesting to hear these stories.

DWF

1870s, middle years, came into ellis and I guess with his heretage east coast city life didnt appeal to him so ended up in valley city, he built up the house and farm, when we went to the house mom still remembered the floor plan, I asked if it would be possible to see the basement, and that did not disapoint (sp) hand formed rocks and dirt for walls and you could imagine the musty smell, there was a huge winter storm go through there in the '80s and as he was out tending stock he got frost bitten feet which he lost and then he died from related problems, mom believes he was in his 40s or early 50s when he passed, her GGG mother lived til she was 96, mom saw her a last time in the late '50s.

Great topic, delve in anyone.

My history is more home based, both my GG Grandmothers were full blood and moved up from montana area and building on ranches in the BC. Cache creek area, my old man was born on the ranch in '18.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dasnake said:

1870s, middle years, came into ellis and I guess with his heretage east coast city life didnt appeal to him so ended up in valley city, he built up the house and farm, when we went to the house mom still remembered the floor plan, I asked if it would be possible to see the basement, and that did not disapoint (sp) hand formed rocks and dirt for walls and you could imagine the musty smell, there was a huge winter storm go through there in the '80s and as he was out tending stock he got frost bitten feet which he lost and then he died from related problems, mom believes he was in his 40s or early 50s when he passed, her GGG mother lived til she was 96, mom saw her a last time in the late '50s.

Great topic, delve in anyone.

My history is more home based, both my GG Grandmothers were full blood and moved up from montana area and building on ranches in the BC. Cache creek area, my old man was born on the ranch in '18.

My mom's mom was born in Sweden and came to the US with her family in around 1915. My mom's dad was born on the place where I live now in 1898. His parents came to the US from Sweden in the 1890s. On my dad's side all of my great grandparents came from Sweden in the 1890s to the 1900s. Both sides seemed to make their way across the country with stops in Ohio, Illinois, Minnesota and settling in central NoDak. I suppose travelling as far as finances and weather would allow, stopping for a short time, then moving  on again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lotsaIHCs said:

My mom's mom was born in Sweden and came to the US with her family in around 1915. My mom's dad was born on the place where I live now in 1898. His parents came to the US from Sweden in the 1890s. On my dad's side all of my great grandparents came from Sweden in the 1890s to the 1900s. Both sides seemed to make their way across the country with stops in Ohio, Illinois, Minnesota and settling in central NoDak. I suppose travelling as far as finances and weather would allow, stopping for a short time, then moving  on again.

They had to stop where they could be accepted. I have relation that came from Sweden in early 1900’s and where the ended up swedes weren’t well liked so they changed there name to Smith to fit it. 

3 hours ago, jass1660 said:

They had to stop where they could be accepted. I have relation that came from Sweden in early 1900’s and where the ended up swedes weren’t well liked so they changed there name to Smith to fit it. 

My great grandpa's brothers changed their name because their last name was so common in Sweden that they wanted something a little more unique. They chose Johnson...