Assisted suicide plans, need help.

vtfireman85

Drain your tires. First year it looks dead. Second year it comes back with a vengeance!!  Don’t ask how I know. Boss wasn’t impressed the first year but the next he thought we should add extra calcium to all the trees. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

Seth, look up Spike Pellets. 30 years ago they worked like a dream. Not sure if they have changed the formula, but they worked back then.

ps three or four pellets around the tree are all it takes.

Spike will definitely kill it. Sprinkle in the root zone (same as drip zone - where water would drip off the furthest limbs, all the way back to the trunk. Its dry pellets, so no holes or drilling required. It will kill everything else too, like the grass.

That is how to kill the tree without leaving evidence. Not saying I think you SHOULD kill the tree.  That's up to you.

• Like 1

Seth, look up Spike Pellets. 30 years ago they worked like a dream. Not sure if they have changed the formula, but they worked back then.

Double post 

Double post

Will need said address of this tree.... When driveing threw " Your neck of the woods " will take care of this situation .... time will show there "Was" a visitor to said site. 

Your welcome !

HP  

• Haha 1

I would cut it down and dig out the stump with your backhoe, sometime you have a day alone with the tree, and can deal with it completely without onlookers.  Say that it had a beetle or blight that needed to be neutralized.  If you are going to bend the truth to soften the blow to sensitive parties, may as well do it quick with no pesticides.

I guess if it was me an I thought anything of my wife ( who you mention as being emotional about as well and surely sees the tree more than once a year) I would get over it and wait till the tree dies on its own to take it down. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

....Seth...do not poison   that Elm tree....The poisoned trees  here    (Pinus Radiata)  die hard.... The effort the tree puts in  an endeavour  to live is quite amazing.......

..Kill it with dignity....use your chainsaw....scarf it neatly and then do your back cut.....don't leave the stump like I have seen some weekend warriors leave it..like a bloody beaver has chewed it down...

Some of the poisons leave residual chemicals in the ground

You are good bloke Seth..you do not have to go around ''walking on eggshells ''  to placate  other parties   ...when you, own the Elm tree....and by all means ..mill  it ..if its millable ..and make a nice bit of furniture from it..it will live forever, then...

My 02c   worth

Mike

I can accept you wearing green bits of plastic on your feet.....but poisoning  trees ....Nah...  you are bigger than that.....

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I guess if it was me an I thought anything of my wife ( who you mention as being emotional about as well and surely sees the tree more than once a year) I would get over it and wait till the tree dies on its own to take it down. 🤷‍♂️

I don’t think she really cares, i just don’t think she wants to fight about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

I don’t think she really cares, i just don’t think she wants to fight about it. 

Be really sure about that. Long memories in the female and it may come back to haunt you.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

Soak it with gasoline, then during the next thunderstorm light it up…

Well now here I had been thinking tannerite - lighting storm - and squirrel hunting.  “Did you hear that loud lightning strike last night? Yea it lightning hit that elm tree and split it right in half!"

• Haha 4

Copper nails in the trunk hang a bird houses with them...you can kill the tree and be the man for hanging those bird houses. Double win.

• Haha 1

An accident with the backhoe where a large portion of the bark gets gouged off?  A random tree service that came to the "wrong address"? A good bull rope attached to the top with the other end hooked to a dozer? A friend with a large excavator to push it over?  Or the ole 3 "C's"  Cut, chip and chut up.

How nuclear are you wanting to go? 

18 hours ago, Alan Dinan said:

Spike 80DF is what its called now. If it can kill 100 year old oak trees, that elm doesn't stand a chance 

Gonna have to weigh your property rights and displeasure vs family issues it may create, your raising a beautiful daughter now and while some of the solutions are entertaining you are setting an example for her everyday, I wouldn't think about lying but your wife's feelings have to be considered and respected 

• Like 1

Black suvs will arrive the tree will be found dead with a noose and gun 30' away and it will be evident it committed suicide 🤔

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

How nuclear are you wanting to go? 

Spike 80DF is what its called now. If it can kill 100 year old oak trees, that elm doesn't stand a chance 

Be careful with things like that or so that might also be the fate of anything nearby!

I just read this -

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/agrian-cg-fs1-production/pdfs/Spike_80DF_Label1j.pdf

We use a fair bit of tebuthiuron for timber control and I wouldn't use it in a garden!

On 3/31/2023 at 4:21 PM, Sledgehammer said:

I know a guy…..

C3287426-AB0D-4896-9F69-B7754A719009.gif

what tree?  I don’t see a tree there….

That is some of the stuff my son does,instant saw dust.