Anyone near Willshire OH

Farmall1066

As the topic title says, are any of you fine folks near Willshire OH? I bought a quick hitch on a consignment sale, and they said they would help with shipping, but so far no help on their end.  If anyone is in that area and heading north west to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North, or South Dakota, I would gladly fund your trip to a meeting destination! Thank you for any help or information! 

I should have mentioned in the earlier post, if anyone that is willing to help, if they are going to red power across I80, I could meet them somewhere around the Des Moines area?! Just a thought, or if they have travels anywhere up around Minnesota, again could meet somewhere. 

Has anyone used Uship before? If so how was your experience?

3 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

If one of you guys can get it to Portland's May swap meet, I could pick it up and bring to RPRU. 

That’s a possibility, but I’m not sure I’ll make it to Grand Island this summer?🥺

2 hours ago, farmall666 said:

I WILL GO PICK IT UP AND BRING IT TO YOU IF YOU FORT THE BILL.

That’s a possibility! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

Have you ever used Uship? 

No I haven't. At work I use a broker service to get the best rates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmall1066 said:

That’s a possibility, but I’m not sure I’ll make it to Grand Island this summer?

My mistake, I should have been more clear. I will likely be going through Des Moines twice on the RPRU trip. Where is it's final destination? 

1 hour ago, 12_Guy said:

My mistake, I should have been more clear. I will likely be going through Des Moines twice on the RPRU trip. Where is it's final destination? 

Blaine, if it finds a way to red power, I plan to be there Thursday and Friday and can drag it back to my place if you aren't able to make the trip.  Guessing you'll have more parts here to chase after again sometime.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Dmnstr8r said:

Blaine, if it finds a way to red power, I plan to be there Thursday and Friday and can drag it back to my place if you aren't able to make the trip.  Guessing you'll have more parts here to chase after again sometime.  

I thought about that too! More parts?! You make it sound like I have an addiction?! 😬🤣

31 minutes ago, IHC5488 said:

Fastnal will ship from store to store for you. Anything pallets or in boxes.

I have shipped heavy items or oversized things this way

I’ve used fastenal before, but it comes down to the auction company helping or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally decided to make the trip out to Ohio for the quick hitch I bought.  Never been through the northern part of Indiana, some pretty nice looking farms, and dirt along hwy 30.  I didn’t even realize that I went right past a forum members farm! I saw the name on the barn, thought maybe, and verified it when I got to a hotel last night!  Went right by Smoker Farms! Wish I would have taken some time to go back for a possible visit.  
I had to drop down to Crawfordsville IN after I left Willshire, great weather for traveling, nice scenery, 18 hours of drive time yesterday! 
I’m really surprised there was not a lot for field work going on in Indiana, or the short distance I was in Ohio.  B34F54CF-EE92-4A9B-8D68-ECF426AE2515.thumb.jpeg.1ee080cb1e54caea576adcc4f45afd19.jpeg

0C6DC773-09AD-4064-9F5B-0C8235213B94.thumb.jpeg.ba9ee2edac85f132034e9581ea6f732e.jpeg

19B174BA-DB56-4FF0-A0BB-B6D53F86E4FF.thumb.jpeg.119bc17e9034b3371f1529825ef8d571.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

I’m really surprised there was not a lot for field work going on in Indiana, or the short distance I was in Ohio.  

It is spotty, most are waiting for more consistent weather patterns. 

I am about 20 miles south of Willshire, I could have helped you out, but this is the first I seen this post!

3 hours ago, Farmerboy72 said:

It is spotty, most are waiting for more consistent weather patterns. 

I am about 20 miles south of Willshire, I could have helped you out, but this is the first I seen this post!

Shoot, to bad that didn’t work out, would have been an even better trip getting to meet another forum member! 

Waiting for dryer and warmer, or moisture? 

In MN we are waiting for spring! Snowing and 42* right now!🤢

• Sad 1