Arkansas retirement auction with 3 1206s, 2 1456s, 6 boxcar magnums...

acem

2 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

Was this the sale on the north east side of Rochester last year in September? 

Yes. I feel like I paid plenty for the 1256 too but that tractor is nice for being original and a helluva runner. I did some tillage with it last fall. We have some pretty good sand knolls and no matter what I did it wouldn't pull down below 2400 rpm. I did however have more wheel slippage than I like since there is no fluid in the tires or any other significant ballast. It spent its latter years on a stalk chopper

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

Was this the sale on the north east side of Rochester last year in September? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make it sound like that 1206 was a bad buy. Just pointing out the price difference in different areas. There are guys out there who can fix the axles and slap a nice paint job on it and sell it for a profit yet if they wanted to. But that guy isn't me. 

11 hours ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

Yes. I feel like I paid plenty for the 1256 too but that tractor is nice for being original and a helluva runner. I did some tillage with it last fall. We have some pretty good sand knolls and no matter what I did it wouldn't pull down below 2400 rpm. I did however have more wheel slippage than I like since there is no fluid in the tires or any other significant ballast. It spent its latter years on a stalk chopper

I saw you pulling out with that tractor when I was pulling in to get what I bought, that 1256 looked really nice the little I got to see it!!! 

23 hours ago, Dmnstr8r said:

Did get a small report from today.  The 1206s hammered from $7,800 to $9,000.  The gold 1456 for $14,750, and the other for $9,000.  

image000000(32).jpg

image000000(33).jpg

Looks like plenty of coin to me.   They look like they would take a ton of money to fix up

38 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

I saw you pulling out with that tractor when I was pulling in to get what I bought, that 1256 looked really nice the little I got to see it!!! 

Yup, I like it a lot. I test drove it twice. Stanley came out both times and was very helpful with giving me the history of the tractors. I even talked to him on the phone a couple times. We were excited to get it so we got there as soon as we could! Stanley said he put new rear tires on the 560 because he didn't wanna sell it with with bad tires which I thought was rare to say the least. New tires and recent overhaul for $2900 I thought was a pretty good deal for the 560

So is one of the forum members holding out on us, where did the Goldie go? ........ 

1 hour ago, Farming Enthusiast said:

Yup, I like it a lot. I test drove it twice. Stanley came out both times and was very helpful with giving me the history of the tractors. I even talked to him on the phone a couple times. We were excited to get it so we got there as soon as we could! Stanley said he put new rear tires on the 560 because he didn't wanna sell it with with bad tires which I thought was rare to say the least. New tires and recent overhaul for $2900 I thought was a pretty good deal for the 560

I bet you couldn’t wait to get it, it was definitely a nice 1256! 

That definitely seems like a good deal on the 560! 

• Thanks 1

I expect all the 1206s and 1456s at the auction were used on the farm. They still use lots of open tractors down south for chores. Most farms I'm around have a few 1066s or similar to go with all their magnums. 

Very few 86 or 88 series tractors still working in Eastern Arkansas.

Thx-Ace 

8 hours ago, acem said:

I expect all the 1206s and 1456s at the auction were used on the farm. They still use lots of open tractors down south for chores. Most farms I'm around have a few 1066s or similar to go with all their magnums. 

Very few 86 or 88 series tractors still working in Eastern Arkansas.

Thx-Ace 

I agree with nate that they looked well wore out but I still believe that no complete, running 1206,1256 or 1456 would go under $10,000 up here.