Caps pump

756puller

Weekend boss has a mx285 coming in we are going to do the conversion on. If memory serves the injector lines fasten to a fuel supply tube then injector. Does the conversion kit come with new tubes or at least seals for the tubes?

There's a six inch tube that goes from the outside of the head to the injector itself on the inside of the head that has orings on it, since you just have the injection lines shown I assume you didn't pull out the tubes. You just connected the new lines and called it good?

44 minutes ago, 756puller said:

There's a six inch tube that goes from the outside of the head to the injector itself on the inside of the head that has orings on it, since you just have the injection lines shown I assume you didn't pull out the tubes. You just connected the new lines and called it good?

Not really a reason to pull the injector tubes, unless injectors have to come out.  They have the retainer nut that holds them in so they are not getting disturbed pulling the lines off.  

We have a MX 270 with the caps pump yet. How much better would they run with the P pump conversion? It still will be a dog compared to our 8950 or not? EVERY MX I have driven was unimpressive in the torque department MX (200, 220, 230, and 270)

I understand that the reliability issue is the driving reasons for swapping..... I'm just hoping to add some torque if and when we convert ours. We have put 3-4k hours on the 270 since we got it 

10 hours ago, bitty said:

We have a MX 270 with the caps pump yet. How much better would they run with the P pump conversion? It still will be a dog compared to our 8950 or not? EVERY MX I have driven was unimpressive in the torque department MX (200, 220, 230, and 270)

In my opinion they run way better with the p-pump conversion. (As long as it's installed properly and timing is set properly. Have installed three of them at my dealer. I don't know why people are saying the just get the kit for 10,000 to 12,000 when you can buy the kit form area diesel services for about 8,500. If I have a caps pump the needs replaced I always quote putting these kits on in comparison. My opinion that I've seen is that it's a whole different machine with the p-pump. Night and day difference. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bitty said:

I understand that the reliability issue is the driving reasons for swapping..... I'm just hoping to add some torque if and when we convert ours. We have put 3-4k hours on the 270 since we got it 

On the three kits I've put on, the average horse power after the P-pump is 310-330hp, and that's pto. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 756puller said:

Weekend boss has a mx285 coming in we are going to do the conversion on. If memory serves the injector lines fasten to a fuel supply tube then injector. Does the conversion kit come with new tubes or at least seals for the tubes?

Kit does not come with tubes or orings for the tubes. 

We put one on for a customer. He liked it so well he had us do his other tractor as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nate said:

Not really a reason to pull the injector tubes, unless injectors have to come out.  They have the retainer nut that holds them in so they are not getting disturbed pulling the lines off.  

The o-rings on the jumper tube have been known to deteriorate, one of the causes of hard starting.
If I was that close I would freshen them up. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bitty said:

MX 230 is the exact same as your 8950,   8.3 with a p pump 

1 hour ago, twp460 said:

MX 230 is the exact same as your 8950,   8.3 with a p pump 

What do I have to adjust for it to run as well? Timing different? 

The orings on the injector tubes are only to keep oil from leaking. The fuel is sealed by metal to metal crush. You doing injectors on this job is additional to the p pump conversion. You would need to get that stuff with the injectors. 

Bitty, the 8950, (or 7250 I rebuilt for you) has a Bosch P 3000 pump with an RQV-K governor, typically used in truck applications, but some do get used in tractors, IH 4586, 4786, & 8550 AC are a couple that come to mind. The MX 230 also uses a Bosch P 3000 pump but has an RSV governor which is typically used in tractors and combines. 

• Like 1