grader goodie

nomorejohndeere

• 2 weeks later...

Old Cat #212 grader. l took this pic on a oil lease about 7 or 8 years ago. At that time l talked to the pumper and he said that it still ran and in pretty good shape except for a few of the u-joints on the blade controls are really loose. Said he uses it about once a month to keep the lease roads in decent shape.

image.thumb.png.91fed243bb82f0c4b6e6dd2650ae8932.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twostepn2001 said:

Old Cat #212 grader. l took this pic on a oil lease about 7 or 8 years ago. At that time l talked to the pumper and he said that it still ran and in pretty good shape except for a few of the u-joints on the blade controls are really loose. Said he uses it about once a month to keep the lease roads in decent shape.

image.thumb.png.91fed243bb82f0c4b6e6dd2650ae8932.png

A neighbour has a 1940's vintage one of those.  Parts for the anti-kickback in the steering gave out and were NLA.  So he came back from a wrecking yard with the front end of a 17K and did a replacement to his frame.

I grade roads for the county I live in and I spied this old girl. Looks like a A or C grill but I never knew they made one this small. Tried talking to the guy and he said hed sell it when he dies. Has since moved out of sight from the road haha. I’ll find it again one day.

E920B862-824A-4F91-8F99-5340B21A1AD9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 5:52 PM, ChaseIH said:

I grade roads for the county I live in and I spied this old girl. Looks like a A or C grill but I never knew they made one this small. Tried talking to the guy and he said hed sell it when he dies. Has since moved out of sight from the road haha. I’ll find it again one day.

E920B862-824A-4F91-8F99-5340B21A1AD9.jpeg

Old Galions used IH power units, but I always thought they had their own grilles. Maybe some used the IH grilles?

There were a lot of manufacturers that used multiple power plants of others, IH were used a lot, have a UD14 in my Adams, Detroit comes in many also, have another spare UD14 that came out of a Champion, the grills in both are IH

• 4 months later...