Decorations for my new shop..

Mr. Plow

A while back I bought a decoration for a future shop (building it this summer) .....picked it up today on my way back from a business trip to Minneapolis. 

All I had to haul it in was an Enterprise Rental Toyota Carolla......."if it fits it ships"....and I had a 1/2" to spare!!!

Brand new, never mounted dealer sign....3' x 6'.  Will look really nice with a back light on the wall of the new shop.

20230221_133845.jpg

20230221_191911.jpg

20230221_191906.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Nate I got the heck outta there after my business this am.....I wanted NO part of the 24" of snow they were calling for....especially driving that low slung rental Carolla!!!   Cut my business trip back to absolute minimum and did Peoria to Minneapolis to Peoria with an overnight stay and business meeting in 32 hours....

I will be back up that way in October,  I'll have to look you up.

BTW, I'm thinking stained oak trim border and a few yellow LEDs behind that sign hung directly over that tool box in the new shop....  👍

30x48 concrete floor, conventional framed, 4:12 roof trusses.  One 8x18 door, one 9x12 door, 10'6" ceilings.   100A electric service off house.  Natural gas forced air heat with Modine HotCat hanging furnace.   Probably water from house for simple sink. 

If all goes to plan, and I can get prep work done, building will be up 6/1.   Rest of summer to finish out.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

A very good friend gave me a 50th birthday present to compliment my yellow cub sign.....now I'll have a pair to hang on the wall in the shop!!!!

20230710_182332.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
6 hours ago, nate said:

Looks great!   How much head scratching did you do for placement?

Can't lie.....there was a level and tape measure involved. 

• Like 2